Biu Rule Changes And Seeded Riders For 08

grantham

So... ive never ridden comps before and never rode natural, and now in the rule changes i would have to ride senior? sounds kinda stupid to me, i know that some 12yr olds are better riders than me, so imo sounds kinda silly if ive read the rule changes correctly

Don't worry about the age groups, at UK National Championships we have the "guest" classes for each route colour where you ride to your ability, not to your age!

Check out the dates on the "Nationals" page on that website, there could be one close to you.

Can you give a link ?

There are lots of differrent ones, I really dont want to turn up and not being able to do it.

Cheers

Edited by TrAsHeR

it will be fun to see how they would set a section out at the worlds??? as 20" and 26" USUALLY are totally seperate, 20" being big and "hoppy" move and 26" being very rolly and pedally type moves.

personally a last ditch effort to try make things work, instead its becoming a jargon for people to ride. mixing 20" and 26" is just a nightmare.

its like comparing a mini cooper S and an old mini from 1989 bloody 1.0 litre job. its pointless.

Wayne.

I reckon this spells the end for BIU competitons, or at least its showing the downfall of it!

A 26" trials bike should NOT be competing against 20" or 24" bikes and vice versa!!! It's silly!! :S

Also how would the guy who is best on the 26" bike in Elite feel when a 20" rider beats him and becomes World Champion? or vice versa.

Also I think they have to many age groups and restrictions.

A lot of top UCI riders have come out and said they don't like BIU and that UCI is the way forward, and I agree, have done for ages.

I wish all competitions in the world were UCI rules, it is the only way to move the sport forward and make it bigger as having two different organizations competing against each other is only holding the sport back.

Stan.

I have been talking to a mate from France

And he was saying that he was doing the France championship and then going to china ( or Japan can't remember)

So I asked him if he was going to ride red route? ( he has been riding for about 16 month so obviously not good enought for red)

And he said yes you just have to ask to get under classed if thats the right translation in english.

So is that only in France of is it possible here too ? If so how ?

Thanks

he said yes you just have to ask to get under classed if thats the right translation in english.

So is that only in France of is it possible here too ? If so how ?

You can't, unfortunately...

The Elite/Masters catagory does sound like a bit of a farse, to be honest. The outcome will be interesting, to say the least, but i doubt it will be the end of BIU!

Cheers,

Joe.

Could be interesting. As wayne said, watching stock's doing the big bouncy moves and the mod's doing tapping moves. I guess you could argue its going to make things a lot harder for the riders, having to get good at the "others" specialites.

I agree with above though, don't think its fair on either class :( but I never understand comp rules fully, like the time i thought I could dab with my hand and grab onto a rock....etc