Vee Help

Matthew_Gibson

I've been having a lil problem with my vee setup. Its working great. Its just that the pads done sit on the rim correct. There too low. and I cannot move them up any further as there as the top on the slot in the break arm. The image is only there until I get a chance to take a quick snap of it . The other (cannot remember which side it is) Is fine. Is it the wheel that’s not centred? I will check when I get my truing from my dads.

Also the arm (avid speeddial 7) the tiny "post" that goes into the small hole in the forks/ adaptors keeps coming off. NOT snapped, but loose. Traty said that a spoke has worked for him in the past. I tried this. and it was too thin. Can I just glue it in? will it be okay? what glue to use?

Help would be great!!!!

For the pad alignment, from what i can see, you need to adjust those little halfcircle washer things so that the pads sit flush with the rims.

Its hard to see without a pic though.

Having an out of dish wheel makes adjusting vee brakes a bitch though.

ok yea you can just glue it in it will be fine or get another v and nick one from there it might be a tighter fit.

also with the pads, if when you sat them up pull the lever tight enough so the pads are against the rim but you can move them, do one pad at a time, moving the pads about once in place really yank on the lever and tighten the pads up this usualy set's them in the correct place.

Ok, instead of making a new topic.

I have a vee, my set up is;

Ultimate arms

SD7 lever

Asda outer

Linear slic inner

Heatsink backings

Phat pads

Basically, when i first put it on it was amazing, held fine both forwards and backwards. Now it slips like a whore going forwards, but is still amazing backwards.

Help :(

Chris

Ultimate arms

SD7 lever

Asda outer

Linear slic inner

Heatsink backings

Phat pads

Basically, when i first put it on it was amazing, held fine both forwards and backwards. Now it slips like a whore going forwards, but is still amazing backwards.

Chris

That's what vees do matey!

Got mine sorted now: Put new cable in, lubes it up. and used two thicker spacers / washer things. Hitting correct now. Also used some glue. The cyanoacrylate stuff.

Ultimate arms

SD7 lever

Asda outer

Linear slic inner

Heatsink backings

Phat pads

Chris

vees arnt good for biteing when going forward, the big advantage with them is hold when going backwards. Try a new cable, file pads flat if there worn bit wonky and giv it a harsh grind

The same thing happened to me yesterday while setting my vee up, (the little pin coming out) and it was because the vee mount needed screwing into my forks more, when i did this it made the back of the vee closer to the front of the mount and it stopped falling out.