Rear Magura

Your Magura Bled with Magura Royal Blod - not all the crap like water and other crap alternatives..

I light sharp grind, which give your pads more grip in the wet or muck etc etc..

Some hard big pads, I like Rockpad Blues.. F**kin amazing or a pair from the heatsink range..

oli

Nowt wrong with a good old water bleed!

its cheep and simple and does the same job aswel as magura blood!

a good grind works wonders and a tiny little bit of tar on the rim not much at all just a tinny patch!

should work its maggic!

Your Magura Bled with Magura Royal Blod - not all the crap like water and other crap alternatives..

I light sharp grind, which give your pads more grip in the wet or muck etc etc..

Some hard big pads, I like Rockpad Blues.. F**kin amazing or a pair from the heatsink range..

oli

water bleed rules

Hi there all i was just wondering what is the best setup for my rear magura e.g grind or tar etc

thanks Elliot (Y)

No one needs to use tar if their brakes are set up correctly.

If your hydraulics are still set up correctly, but are failing then try changing pads and/or having a light grind.

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone says that Rock Blues are brilliant, but I've had them twice on two seperate bikes, and they were pretty crap.

That was with a hefty grind, water bleed, and a posh lever blade in one case.

Notice that most people say different things.

Its all about personal preferance and riding style.

Don't ask what the best set up is, go and find out yourself. It takes very little time to set your brake up nicely and pads are hardly expensive, and if you don't like them im sure you'll be able to find someone you can swap them with

Decent water bleed, fresh grind ( with tar when it wears down ), decent pads (heatsink reds is the set i am running at the moment although they never worked untill i set them up perfectly) and finally, good working slaves/pistons.

Ever tried it, seriously, that doesn't work.

and when it freezes, it pushes the pads out on to the rim so you cant even walk it home.

I had that problem tonight when i was out riding. The brake only locks to the rim if there is next to no air in the system.

Edited by mcinnes