Worcs9

Steve-A

Thanks again for the nice comments.

Jonny, the clam shell is kinda like a camcorder with out the camera, lol. It is battery powered takes mini dv tapes and has a small monitor it has various inputs, the one I was using has s video, component and composite, and it allows you to record a 'live' video signal onto a dv tape. I've attached a picture of the sortta thing I mean though the ones i was using were a little more battered and old than the one in the pic! It worked well but in the end with batteries and all ended up quite heavy. The picture quality of a camera like that is much better than lots of these small bullet cams that you get. At work we've used them for lots of in-car shots and shots from wings of planes and helicopters, and the quality is good enough for broadcast. I'm working for i2i television (www.i2i.tv) who are a small to mid sized independent production company who mostly do leisure television for channels like discovery real time/home and leisure.

Good work on getting a job there dude! From the website it looks like an awesome place to work! If you can call it work, you probably have a wicked time haha! Yeah those recorders look expensive, worth it though imo. What sort of mini-cams were you using, im guessing far from the £130 jobbies you can get from Chain Reaction (Boyz Toyz section) - I have two, quality is ok, not superb though. I was thinking of buying a Z1 end of this month if funds allow, but I recon a V1 would be better, as it has things like synced timecode which would be incredibly useful if you're using any of the DSR series cameras on multi-cam shoots, so we'll have to see. Again dude, seriously awesome job! Bummed me out a bit if im honest, I havn't been riding, on a ride or filmed any Trials in months, sucks soooo much!