Worcs9

Steve-A

Heres a short video I've been working on, on and off, since the autumn. Its Tim Stedman and Matt Burrows riding Clee Hill. There's not too much riding dues to us getting raining off basically and then struggling to find another time to film but its still watchable I think.

Trials Tube Link

Its much better to download it, its 27mbs and the quality is sooo much better than trials tube. I dont think it liked my codecs, its a .mov so you will need quicktime.

Enjoy (hopefully!)

that was ace hahaha that was really really well put together and nicely edited. Matt and Tim riding beasty as always too (Y) Can't wait from buthiers now

Is there a download link?

im special never mind :P

Edited by PaRtZ

Cheers for the comments guys.

I borrowed all the camera gear from work, was nice to have things like proper fluid head tripod and all to work with. We ended up using a Sony Z1 along with 2 minicams recording onto mini dv clamshell recorders.

One of the best shot/edited videos I've seen in a long time, bloody brilliant!!! Makes me want to fish out my bullet cam.

Nice one

Ditto! Im in awe, bloody superb video! More please! Out of interest, whats a clamshell?... one way of describing a tiny camcorder such as the Canon MV960?

Also Steve where do you work?

Edited by Jonny Jones

Cheers for the comments guys.

I borrowed all the camera gear from work, was nice to have things like proper fluid head tripod and all to work with. We ended up using a Sony Z1 along with 2 minicams recording onto mini dv clamshell recorders.

Yee nice one steve feeling it.

Edited by Daniel Gray

Thanks again for the nice comments.

Jonny, the clam shell is kinda like a camcorder with out the camera, lol. It is battery powered takes mini dv tapes and has a small monitor it has various inputs, the one I was using has s video, component and composite, and it allows you to record a 'live' video signal onto a dv tape. I've attached a picture of the sortta thing I mean though the ones i was using were a little more battered and old than the one in the pic! It worked well but in the end with batteries and all ended up quite heavy. The picture quality of a camera like that is much better than lots of these small bullet cams that you get. At work we've used them for lots of in-car shots and shots from wings of planes and helicopters, and the quality is good enough for broadcast. I'm working for i2i television (www.i2i.tv) who are a small to mid sized independent production company who mostly do leisure television for channels like discovery real time/home and leisure.

I was very luck to be able to blag whatever I want of the equipment thats hanging about and use the edit suits to help make videos nowadays.

post-422-1205968077_thumb.jpg

Yeah its the new model with updated geometry, should be released shortly.

Thanks for the comments guys. We wanted to get more riding done but bad weather was a big no for all the expensive equipment. I'm really excited about filming some new lines and ideas on the bike, hopefully there will be more videos in the future :)

Yeah nice one Steve, been waiting for this for a while, turned out great. :)

Clee Hill is a really great place, not necessarily the greatest spot ever to ride, but has quite a powerful ambience about it - something which I think you portrayed really well in the vid.