Complite Reveiw Of Yaabaa 499

nicks

Hi all, I am currently saving my money to buy a Yaabaa 499 from Tartybikes.com. The spec of the bike is insainly good for the priceand looks ubber pimp. I just wanted to know what you guys thought of the bike and what parts i should keep and what parts i should keep.

Description

Frame- The frame is a alluminum alloy with a bash plate and comes in nice colors, but i was wondering if i would be able to put an Echo bashplate on their?

Stem and bars- The stem is try-all and is RRP of around 25 pounds, is it worth selling this and getting a better one. The handlebars are plain black so im defintaly changing them, i was thinking viz max bars.

Cranks- I hate chrome cranks i think they look really tackie so what would be good cranks to buy and how much do you think i would get for those one the bike.

Hub- i don't know what hubs are on the bike but i was thinking of getting a onza disc only on the front and a chris king on the rear.

Rims- The rims are black try-all drilled witch are really good but are they better than the echo's and would it be a good idea to put a grind on the rear.

Tyres- The tyres are try-all stickys witch personlly i think are the best tyres you can get.

Braking- At the moment there are only v-brakes on the bike with are okay but in time i will get a Avid bb7 front and a hs33 on the rear, i dont like the hs33 lever but i do like the adimant lever. Is this a good lever to go with http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?id=598

Forks- Again the forks are nothing to shout about so i was thinkin echo lites or echo urbans, witch do you think are better?

As you can see the spec of the bike is great for the value and i was wondering if you could help me out and try to awnser some of my qeustions?

Thankyou Andrew.

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?id=1036

To be honest matey, your best bet is just to buy one and ride it, build up some opinions of it for yourself, and keep practising.

Then you will be able to decide what your really want to do with it.

£330 for a bike with v brakes......theres loads of top spec bikes on ebay for £200 with hs33.

Vees can be made better than maguras, and also for a £330, look at the rest of the spec! Try-All tyres, wheels, frame and fork for £370?

The bottom one is £330, he is going for the £370 one.

Frame- The frame is a alluminum alloy with a bash plate and comes in nice colors, but i was wondering if i would be able to put an Echo bashplate on their?

The handlebars are plain black so im defintaly changing them, i was thinking viz max bars.

Cranks- I hate chrome cranks i think they look really tackie so what would be good cranks to buy and how much do you think i would get for those one the bike.

Hub- i don't know what hubs are on the bike but i was thinking of getting a onza disc only on the front and a chris king on the rear.

Rims- The rims are black try-all drilled witch are really good but are they better than the echo's and would it be a good idea to put a grind on the rear.

Ye im going for the 499 not the 449, they are very simular but the 499 one is better looking.

all your comments about the bike have about how it looks are you gonna ride it or just go round and let people say oooooooo thats a nice bike great colors. Bit of an odd way to go about doing up a bike just up grading the bits you don't like the look of.

Ye im going for the 499 not the 449, they are very simular but the 499 one is better looking.

go on ebay and get a fantastic mod for no more than £300. If your a begginer you dont really need a new bike as your going to be falling off alot. You get alot for your money. e.g Echo Monty Koxx Pashley for about £200 you can get yourself an Onza (t-pro) so... i'd keep your options open. hope this helps.

Nick

go on ebay and get a fantastic mod for no more than £300. If your a begginer you dont really need a new bike as your going to be falling off alot. You get alot for your money. e.g Echo Monty Koxx Pashley for about £200 you can get yourself an Onza (t-pro) so... i'd keep your options open. hope this helps.

Nick

:rolleyes: