Cad/ Designing Competition

NVWOCI WVS

I'm building them, and am currently waiting on delivery of the last few tubes before they hit the shop floor, then onto testing, then into sales. The FEA is being run now.

If I can get the pricing right Adam will sell stock them I hope.

I'm also very into building custom geo frames for people who know the difference. They would obviously be built to order.

toprear75.jpg

rear75.jpg

untitled3.jpg

untitled.jpg

untitled2.jpg

and she's light 1.6-1.7kg...

That's the plan anyway.

There can be rim brake mounts aswell.

hey if you are looking for a 19.7 stone fatty to test a few protos or something i'm hear for you mate i aint what you would call a good rider but i'm pretty sure i could put them through there paces and crashes if you are looking :D but yeah thats great that you are going to be putting them through production because i ain't being a bum licker or anything but they are the most nicest frame design i have ever seen and i also think that differnt size tubing as an option would also boost the sales and would cater for weight weenies and hard core streen bashers/fattys and such

Edited by ANDY-MBK-RIDER

kool, i've got a few CAD designs from my uniwork this year, i'll try and load them up later when i get chance, I've also got some of Adam Reads work, i'll ask him if its ok to upload later or maybe he will.

Out of interest, how is the FE model accounting for the welding?

The truth is, it can't.

So you assume full penetration continuous welds. The program will consider the joint as strong as the parent material.

From there you have to make more assumptions. The weld cracked- is it a bad weld or bad design.

It is easy to screw up an aluminum weld.

The truth is, it can't.

So you assume full penetration continuous welds. The program will consider the joint as strong as the parent material.

From there you have to make more assumptions. The weld cracked- is it a bad weld or bad design.

It is easy to screw up an aluminum weld.

Glad to hear it :)

I've seen too many models that just neglect welding completely. It's better to model an ideal weld (geometry, material etc) than to assume you don't need it in the model. At least in that situation you can gain an understanding of how a welded area will be loaded and how critical the weld quality will be on overall part life.

I've done some work at modeling bad welding using crack tip elements with some success, but its use only really works when you have example welds to hand.