Adamant Freehub Problem.

JoeM

Hi, well basically my adamant hub has always had a wobble in it, due to it needing to run snail cams. So, i ordered some snail cams, but when i fitted them, the driver wouldn't move, so i was forced into running chain tensioners again, which then lead to the wobble coming back. My question is, how can i run snail cams without it stopping my driver from not moving, or how can i stop the wobble?

Thanks,

Joe.

Where was the wobble coming from ?

The hub, initially i thought it was the bearings, so i replaced them. That did nothing. I have just removed it all, put it back together, and have just realised that only the non drive side bearing turns, the drive side bearing stays stick whilst the axle turns inside of it.

The whole wheel wobbles (talking from past experience), its because the snail cams are designed to act as washers as well as tensioners.

Yeah, I got told that by tarty, but i never did ask them why it stopped the driver on the freehub from moving.

Extra washers should sort it out. I never had any of them problems but used extra washers just to make it run that bit smoother. The hub isn't manufactured to the highest of tolerances so that's probably the problem if you've already replaced the bearings?

Does it not move atall ?

If so does it make like a crunching noise when it does ?

Nope not at all, when i have the bolts done up to the right tension, it just locks up completley.

are you sure the dropout isnt tightening against the casette lockring thus squashing the hub? you might need some smaller washers to cover the axle but not the freehub then snailcams if you get me?

eg axle> smaller washers >then snailcams> then frame> then collar and wheel bolt

That was the problem with my mates profile all them summers ago . . .

are you sure the dropout isnt tightening against the casette lockring thus squashing the hub? you might need some smaller washers to cover the axle but not the freehub then snailcams if you get me?

eg axle> smaller washers >then snailcams> then frame> then collar and wheel bolt

That was the problem with my mates profile all them summers ago . . .

Cheers, I'll give that a go soon. :)