Mono Trial

Skoze

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone could shed any light on why my rear brake is being a jeb.

I put it on a few weeks ago, bedded it in etc.. And i can pull the lever in a fair bit, nothing happens, then i get full lock, no in-between like the front.

Today i've taken it off the bike, along with other parts for a general service and clean up, and when i pull the lever of the rear, only one piston is moving.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you sort it?

If no-one knows, i'll talk to hope about it next week, just need a quick fix for abingdon!

Thanks in advance,

Matt

I would try taking the wheel and pads out, pump the pistons out with the lever and run some silicone oil around the outside of the pistons - with any luck it might get some lube onto the sticky seal. Other alternative is to strip it completely and service with new seals.

I would try taking the wheel and pads out, pump the pistons out with the lever and run some silicone oil around the outside of the pistons - with any luck it might get some lube onto the sticky seal. Other alternative is to strip it completely and service with new seals.

Cheers dude, shall give that a go (Y)

I would try taking the wheel and pads out, pump the pistons out with the lever and run some silicone oil around the outside of the pistons - with any luck it might get some lube onto the sticky seal.

Yep, thats the way to do it... make sure its REALLY clean afterwards though, silicone spray/lube ruins pads...!