Looking To Upgrade...

Diz

Hi guys,

Ive recently got back into trials and have been riding a diamondback kabuki mono for a while but feel i've outgrown the "starter" bike and want something with a bit more balls!

I've been looking at the adamant A1 and a few others but wanted to know if theres a particular favourite amongst you guys?

Also wondering whats better, 135mm or 116 rear end? Advantages/disadvantages?

Diz.

As for the rear end question, if you want to run gears or ever want to buy a frames thats not Deng then no. Also the 116 hubs dont build wheels that are quite as strong.

Other then that their solid if somewhat pointless.

As for frames, i dont think anyone has had a problem with the Adamants that i know of.

Echo pures are solid too. The Czar has almost perfect geo but i hear some haver cracked theres, or was that just bigmans??

116mm spacing is like mods, horizontal drop outs which are just more hassel then good.. trust me!

you want 135mm spacing, and a deng frame (as in GU, echo, czar, adamant, zoo etc)..

the new GU's are the strongest, and i think nicest looking... GU typhoon

but to be perfectly honest they are all as strong as f*uck and are almost indestructable, so jus get which ever you think looks best.

116mm spacing means the axel is shorter so stronger but as i said u have mosd drop outs, so when your chain stretches you have to undo all the bolts, move the wheel back, set it strait.. re set your brake etc... which is allllll a pain in the ass

with 135mm your tensioner wont let ur chain go slack...

you wont snap a 135 deng axel anyways, and there more hubs to chose from...