Small Dents In The Frame...advice Needed

jay2008

My mate somehow managed to put some dents in each chainstay :S They haven't affected the strength of the frame as far as I can tell (Onza T-Bird) but it looks naff!

What is the best stuff to use to try and build it out so it is neater before I spray it? Thanks in advance. If anyone else has dome something similar, how'd it go?

Vehicle body filler. Make sure that when you do it the conditions are dry and warm and leave it for the recommended time otherwise it will sink and look shit when you paint it and get some filler primer afterwards.

Edited by lloyd6666

Vehicle body filler. Make sure that when you do it the conditions are dry and warm and leave it for the recommended time otherwise it will sink and look shit when you paint it and get some filler primer afterwards.

This is definately your best option, and its relatively cheap as well. Just make sure you prep the surfaces (sand and clean) properly first to ensure you get the best quality job possible.

Sometimes it wont be necessary to get filler primer as often its designed to be sprayed straight over, but obviously check the pack first.

Edited by Diz

thanks guys thats a great help. I was thinking along those lines but really wasn't sure.

I still don't know when i'll do this but when i eventually get around to it i shall post before and after pix (unless its a really bad job! lol)