Deng Freehubs

echo_rob

huh

surely a hub or freewheel can only engage a set omunt for example, a hope pro 2 uses ratchets. im not sure but say it has 24 ratchets inside, offset into 2 groups of 2. The the hub can only engage 48 times, no more no lesss, unless a pair of ratchets fail. the gear ratio doesnt affect how many time a hub engages, it just affects how many time the rear wheel is forced to turn as a result of one full turnof the cranks. for example you run an 18:12 setup and your rding up a steep gradient. for every 360 degrees you turn the cranks you'r rear wheel will turn 540 degrees. i have used a gradient in the example as on flat ground the rear wheel is likely to freeewheel.

Imagine if you have a front chainring 10 times the size of your rear sproket. Then one turn of the cranks will turn the rear 10 times, so it will engage 10 times the full amount of engagements which the hub has, yet the cranks have only turned once.

The same works the other round too, so you can see how the gear ratio will affect it

Are you having more problems with your King, Rob?

Yes Jon

Its as we say in the trade, "f**ked". :'(

Gonna probs get a pro2 for the time being, and send me shite king back to king lol

Unless you wanna sell me yours?? :dance:

Wont be bothering with these deng freehubs, they sound shite

cheers

rob

Edited by echo_rob