Problem With Magura Mounts

CroTrials

Actually i have 2 problems, and one is caused by another. I have a adamant a1 frame and a 68/170 mm axel with truvativ hussefelt cranks. The problem is that the cranks are so close to my rear magura that i can barely set my magura tanks not to bez kicked by the cranks (theres a milimeter space between the crank and the tank on each side), so when i do set them up, because of the breaking force the tanks move a milimeter, and i cant turn my cranks without kicking them. I have tryed to tigthen the bolts on the magura mounts, so that they dont move, but its impossible. which brings me to my second problem. The winding where the bolts go is smashed because i used allot of force to tighten it, i dont know how to say, the bolts dont tighthen, they just turn in one place.

Can someone please help me with this problem? Im almost the only person in croatia who rides trials and i dont know who to turn to

The second problem sound like you have striped the threads in the mount.

You can fix this by helicoli or taping it to m6 and getting a bigger bolt.

Hope i helped

Dale

Edit: beaten to it :(

Edited by Dale-Hill

I would personally tap the hole to M6 as helicoils can come loose but a thread cant however you will have to drill your brake mounts.

Chris.

No No No No No dont tap them to m6 get them helicoiled so much better and they havn't come loose for me and i dont think they have for anyone else.

No No No No No dont tap them to m6 get them helicoiled so much better and they havn't come loose for me and i dont think they have for anyone else.

Not necesarily no, but say you helicoil them and it comes loose you get left with a 7mm hole, if you tap it and it goes wrong then you can helicoil it because you will be left with a smaller hole that you can still helicoil, all im saying is i have tried both methods and i found tapping it to m6 best.