Hubs?!

txt2007

Just bought a t-pro and the onza t-pro hub is 110mm spacing... so do i have to have a hub with 110 spacing?

The highest i can go is 45quid so ive seen a v!z hub, a trial tech hub and a czar hub

and all of them say 116mm spacing... however this is what really confused me i went onto trials.uk to see if they where any cheaper on there clciked on the v!z hub

116mm spacing for most stock frames,
now look at the top of the page
VIZ Rear Fixed Hub 20"
I'm confused do i need 110mm spacing or could i use 116mm?

Then if i can use 116mm which hub is the best Czar Trial tech sport v!z

OR should i save 30 quid and just go for the 15quid trial tech race? (would link it but i think i've used enough links)

Very confusing subject, the fact of the matter is this:

You can use both 116/110mm in mod frames. I'd be tempted to go for the TrialTech, purely cos it supports Dave, but the V!Z hub is very nice too!

Here's the technical shit, mod frames have 116mm spaced dropouts, but hubs are only 110mm, this is because the remaining 6mm is taken up by the two, 3mm thick snail cams, sometimes websites say their hubs are 116mm, and some say 110mm, means exactly the same thing, and they're both fine for your frame.

Edited by Mark King

which trial tech one race or sport? and is it purely because of dave that you recommend it?

Plus the V!Z hub on tarty is screw on and the trials uk doesn't say screw on....

??????????????????????

EDIT -

Here's the technical shit, mod frames have 116mm spaced dropouts, but hubs are only 110mm, this is because the remaining 6mm is taken up by the two, 3mm thick snail cams, sometimes websites say their hubs are 116mm, and some say 110mm, means exactly the same thing, and they're both fine for your frame.

LEGEND!

now which one to go for?!

Maybe if this Dave person gave me a special discount :- (A)

Edited by txt2007

Either, they both support Dave, and the reason I recommend them is because they're decent products at a decent price, and the rest of the TT stuff is awesome. However...

The Viz hubs on T-UK and Tarty are identical, both screw on, so you just need a 12t sprocket, from http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?pr...;category_id=73 (1st option, £12) and you can screw it right onto here... http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?pr...;category_id=62

The reason I recommend the Viz is because they're pretty decent hubs and lightish too. Then again anything with sealed bearings and a decent set of allen bolts and you're sorted, even the Onza hub http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?pr...;category_id=62 is good, and light!

I'd advise you go for a 32h hub too, just because you'll have more choice of rims in the long run, I've got 36h on mine and it means I'm stuck to only 2 or 3 rims :(

Edited by Mark King

But buying a sprocket means i'm over my 45 quid limit, see my problem?

so trial tech and Czar still in the game which one, personally the only advantage i can see is more colours with viz, just B&W with TT or if i go for the TrialTech race just black but then i have 30 quid to spend on other things....

Well... You're gonna need a sprocket whatever hub you buy, unless you just take one off your old wheel?

EDIT: Only disadvantage with TT Race is no sealed bearings, means it needs a bit more looking after, i'd go for the Onza if I were you.

Edited by Mark King

the czar one comes with its own sprocket

Additional Information

This hub includes a hardened cromoly 12T sprocket as standard,

so you'd pick the t-pro hub over both trial tech hubs the V!z hub and the czar hub?