Bb7 Sticking When Lever Pulled Hard.

sup trials forum.

right, stupid bb7 is up to its old tricks again. its the 08 160 with gusset cable.

a few days after i first started using it i would pull the lever and it would just stick into position with cable all floppy. ... it has been fine for a while but is doing it again now. I know its a vaugue description but theres not really much more to go into its a simple and annoying as that. anyone have any answers???

I'd guess the lever on the caliper is being pulled too far and it's either catching on something as has been mentioned already or the mechanism inside the caliper has moved past where it's designed to go because the pads are able to move too far. Wind the pads in more and the brake should bite earlier and not stick on. Failing that open the caliper and grease the internals...

thanks for replies. i thought it was the arm when it first happened. iv sorted it now, just put a new cable on and lubed it all up. i think there was a random loose strand of cable that was blocking the bit where the end of the outer casing goes into... make sense?? oh well anyway. its sorted and brake is holding like a monster. all ready for oxford now. :) thanks again.

i think there was a random loose strand of cable that was blocking the bit where the end of the outer casing goes into... make sense??

Yeah I was about to suggest that :P How do you find the gusset cable? Also did your bb7 take a while to bed in?