Howd You Start?

ConorXNT

I have always wanted to do 'cool tricks' and enjoy impressing people (subtly not cockily..).

then i rode street for a bit on a terrible old road bike and finally got a 24" trials bike.

buying a trials bike was an awesome decision. riding trials is awesome.

I was looking for some XC vids on Youtube when I happened across some trials clips. Kept looking into it and, before you know it, dropped the seat on my XC hardtail and started trying stuff out. Saved up for a while, sold some old mountain bikes and parts and got a somewhat beat up zm2 which I'm still learning on. I'll graduate to a stock bike next year sometime after I figure a few more things out and save up some more. I'm hooked. :lol:

Went to a lock up bording school as a kid.

The only teacher i didn't want to kill was a 20 year old punk, who was the Head of Educations son. He lived on site and i used to watch him out of my bedroom window jumping all over the statues and walls at the back of the estate. I hated school and life in general so much i kept trying to run away and all that shit. Watching him ride was the only good thing that i ever did in my whole life at that time. Me and him got on really well and one day he gave me an old Raleigh Burner and taught me to hop up onto a small ledge, then he taught me how to kick hop from log to log on tree stump's around the school estate. Then when he was 21 he became the Head of PE and used to let me ride trials instead of playing football because if i played football someone died.

Then after years of boarding school i decided enough was enough and left school for good. As i was leaving he gave me his old Pashley frame and some FSA power pro cranks, and a set of Fatty forks.

Been riding trials for 10 years now, and it's starting to take it's toll :(

I'll have to give up soon.

probably the likes of andy p used to see him up waterloovile all the time, then a few of my mates started and sort of drifted in out of the sport for a while then got really interested when i found there was more then like 5 people in the area thatdone it.