Choice Of Front Disc Brakes

Mikee

Hi,

I want to put a disc brake on the front of my bike but i have no idea which brakes are powerful and suitable for trials.

Im on a bit of a budget of about £60, so that excludes the hope trials disc brake and other super good ones.

I have looked for a rage of mechanical and hydrolic disc brakes on websites such as tartybikes, chainreaction cycles etc, but frankly i have no idea what i want to be buying.

Do any of you know of some cheap, powerful disc brakes (mechanical or hydrolic) ?

Tanks alot.

I have offered a cheap avid juicy 3 (185mm) by a friend, Does anyone kow if they are any good?

Edited by mikee999

If you want my advice, try and find a cheap Magura Louise. My brother has one and it's really good, the feel of it is a bit too stiff for me, but it's easily as powerful as any of the Mono Trials I've had/got.

Avid BB7 is probably the best choice mate. Because i've heard a lot of good things about them e.g very powerful, easy to maintain etc....

Or unless you could find a second hand, hope mono trial on ebay maybe.

Hope i've helped you mate

you could go for a avid bb7 but i find my bb5 gives me the same amount of power as my mates bb7, the 5 also cost less than the 7 and does the smae job if set up correctly.

for 60 quid you canget a bb5 a decent leaver and some inner and outer cable.

OT: how long do you think it takes for a Magura Louise's pads to bed-in ?

Depends on your rate of riding and what you would call bed in.

I rode my bike around on and off with the front brake whilst doing normal trials for around an hour to get mine to hold well doing front hops and things.

Gave it to my jump biker friend and he pretty much did the rest in about 10 minutes.