Weather Makin It Impossible..

squad_e

Ever since i got my t-bird its like ive been cursed with this weather, its been non-stop rain.. Time's are hard indeed.... I only get a few hours of learnin time.. Not good at all.. Are there any places for indoor trials at all?..

Thanks.

Edited by squad_e

Just wrap up and ride through it,

Bit of rain never hurt anyone...

Last summer I went riding in the rain and my pedals slipped. I ended up splitting my shin in half and my tibia fell out. I strongly suggest you wait for the rain to stop! Or invest in a nice thick pair of shin pads!

Last summer I went riding in the rain and my pedals slipped. I ended up splitting my shin in half and my tibia fell out. I strongly suggest you wait for the rain to stop! Or invest in a nice thick pair of shin pads!

Your Bone fell out of your leg!??

How did you manage that from your pedals?

I won't mind it bein windy or cool or warm.. I'm just not that skilled or confident yet, to practice out in the rain.. Plus i'll need to get me a good pair of riding gloves.. Can anyone recommend?..

Thanks...

Your Bone fell out of your leg!??

How did you manage that from your pedals?

Haha yeah, it was disgusting. I was using platform pedals and one of the pins must have been super sharp so it pretty much just sliced it open all the way to the bone. Luckily it wasn't a super long tear and was just super deep so the scare isn't as gigantic. I've been using shins ever since (Y)

I won't mind it bein windy or cool or warm.. I'm just not that skilled or confident yet, to practice out in the rain.. Plus i'll need to get me a good pair of riding gloves.. Can anyone recommend?..

Thanks...

Right now I'm using trials specific Hebo gloves. They work excellent! Not terribly expensive either. They have finger padding to protect your fingers from the brake levers which I thought was a huge plus because my old ones didn't and I'd cut my fingers every ride. They're also super light weight and have vents to air out your hands. I strongly suggest them!

Right now I'm using trials specific Hebo gloves. They work excellent! Not terribly expensive either. They have finger padding to protect your fingers from the brake levers which I thought was a huge plus because my old ones didn't and I'd cut my fingers every ride. They're also super light weight and have vents to air out your hands. I strongly suggest them!

+1 On the Hebo gloves...

hello

when i was learning i found that this weather was gd to learn in as when i started i never used to run a grind and used standard pads so i got used to using a rubbish brake i was soon able to chain brake well which still helps today, also as most thing were slippy when wet i found that it was harder, oboviously, but it ment when i came to do it in the dry i found it easier so what ever the weather man just get out and ride, wet weather helps alot when learning!

robbie

I no what you mean with the weather! So annoying! Sadly i dont really know anywere indoor to ride in the uk :S But sometimes to ride in the wet and bad weather can develop your skills. If you want some gloves, i reccomend the hebo trials gloves, i got mine off TartyBikes. george x

Hmm, wet weather probably isn't too sharp an idea for learning. Might be good if you're looking for that extra challenge, because it really makes you balance properly (else you stack), but I usually find it too slippery to enjoy it very much. You can practise smaller stuff to work on your balance without needing too much confidence.

Practising manuals in the rain last night was good fun though!

I saw a video recently of someone riding in the sleet and snow, so there are people who do it (and make it look effortless).

Ever since i got my t-bird its like ive been cursed with this weather, its been non-stop rain.. Time's are hard indeed.... I only get a few hours of learnin time.. Not good at all.. Are there any places for indoor trials at all?..

Thanks.

Yes I agree get a harsh grind It helps alot.

jjbarrett:)