Halo Supa Drive Rear Hub

Henrik Y

The internals are two sliding cams with teeth on their outside that engage in a 120 tooth ratchet ring. I've got one on my XC bike - only difference is mine is silver, has Superstar written on it, was cheaper and came with a hollow steel QR skewer: http://www.superstarcomponents.com/HubProduct.html

I wouldn't rate it for trials, but the guy in Superstar I emailed before buying said it's given him no trouble on his 4X bike (He said he opened it after 9 months and it was still clean inside) and I've had no trouble with it on my XC bike either (Probably 4 or 5 months, hasn't had ludicrous mileage, but has had enough to show up obvious flaws) - bearings are really smooth and it sounds like beeeees :)...

I'll probably get one for my DMR soon too - fed up with the 16 engagement points on the current hub - if it survives a year or two on that bike I might trust it for trials...

That's what pretty much every rider over the age of 20 started trials on, yep :P

Jupp, when you get older the body gets worn and weaker and you have to take it a little easy and then it's nice to have a bike that you can use for normal riding and also do some smaller sidehops and pedalkicking with.

When I ride my full susp kona I see obstacles that I would like to trial on and because of that I've learned to trial with that bike to so now I sidehop about 4 pallets and some lighter pedalkicks on the rear wheel(but not so much because of the susp and week hub/chain).

Edited by Henrik Y