Braking Trouble

SkiLLz

I'm sure this has already been asked but anyway... I've set my brakes perfectly and have put plenty of tar on my rim but no matter how hard I hold the lever my brake slips. It's not slipping loads but when I pedal hop if I'm right on the edge of a wall I just slip backwards! It also does this when I do rear wheel hops, does anyone have any tips to prevent it from doing this?

Ok cheers I'll give it a try (Y)

Would Turps be ok to use?

im pretty sure its got oil in it or something, that might be white spirit, but as long as u was ur rim after getting the tar off with fairy liquid and hot water itll be fine, make sure theres no suds though, then sand your pads a little and re bleed your brake, make sure its set up square.

Mat

Well i got it off then tried it and it still slipped abit so i put some tar on and it slipped a slight bit so i think once i get the tar spread it will stop.

Thanks alot for everyones help maybe now ill get up 9 bricks to rear :) without slipping off.

Just in everyones opinion my dad is buying me some new hs33 pads and i got £20 to spend on them inc delivery, what do you all think is best? I'm going to grind my rim soon aswell, i was going for Koxx Browns. Anything better for that price?

Hayup mate,

Plazmatic pads are pretty good on a grind but dont work in the wet. Koxx pads are ok but Id probably say

go for the blue rock pads, they work in all weather (Y) If your brake needs bleedin, bring it to me at cyclelife by

super cycles n ill sort it for you.

Ryan B

I'm sure this has already been asked but anyway... I've set my brakes perfectly and have put plenty of tar on my rim but no matter how hard I hold the lever my brake slips. It's not slipping loads but when I pedal hop if I'm right on the edge of a wall I just slip backwards! It also does this when I do rear wheel hops, does anyone have any tips to prevent it from doing this?

too much tar can make it slip?

try riding with the brake on for the first part of the ride see if it makes a differents.

Well i got it off then tried it and it still slipped abit so i put some tar on and it slipped a slight bit so i think once i get the tar spread it will stop.

Thanks alot for everyones help maybe now ill get up 9 bricks to rear :) without slipping off.

Just in everyones opinion my dad is buying me some new hs33 pads and i got £20 to spend on them inc delivery, what do you all think is best? I'm going to grind my rim soon aswell, i was going for Koxx Browns. Anything better for that price?

i run the KoXx BloXx, the best pads that i ever used.

they do take a long time to bed in but the queel you get from then is intense.

brilliant in the wet with grind!!!

don't need much of one either!