Stripping Frame !

A.Baxter

hi, i am just getting reasurance for myself.

I asked my friend about how to strip a frame and he said all i need to do is by some paint stripper, dab it on the frame with a paint brush and then keep going over it until all the paint is gone.

is this all that needs to be done or is there another step to do.

Any help will be much apreciated :)

oh and dose anybody hav an idea of how much paint stripper costs ?

Adam (Y)

hi, i am just getting reasurance for myself.

I asked my friend about how to strip a frame and he said all i need to do is by some paint stripper, dab it on the frame with a paint brush and then keep going over it until all the paint is gone.

is this all that needs to be done or is there another step to do.

Any help will be much apreciated :)

oh and dose anybody hav an idea of how much paint stripper costs ?

Adam (Y)

:) my other friend said to use the same thing, i think i may hav to get sum, where and how much does it cost please? and does it matter what i scrape it off with ?

Thanks verry much (A)

Adam (Y)

You can buy it from any good DIY place, you can also buy it from halfords .

I think its about £10-£15 .

I haven't used it my self but I have seen people using it and they just used a wire brush to remove it . But using a wire brush can scratch the tish out of your frame .

Once your done you could just sand your frame down to get the last of the paint off .

are you going to lacquer your frame? having it raw ali? even if you lacquer your frame it will go dull with time

You can buy it from any good DIY place, you can also buy it from halfords .

I think its about £10-£15 .

I haven't used it my self but I have seen people using it and they just used a wire brush to remove it . But using a wire brush can scratch the tish out of your frame .

Once your done you could just sand your frame down to get the last of the paint off .

are you going to lacquer your frame? having it raw ali? even if you lacquer your frame it will go dull with time

thanks very much for help nd advice, i think i will just leave it raw. dunno if its a gd i dea lol i'll see what it looks like with new parts before i strip it just incase.

thanks agen (Y)

Adam(Y)

If you leav it raw it will go rusty in days.

If his frame is steal then his frame will start to oxidize (rust) as soon as the air hits bare metal .

Should take a few days the discolouration to show and if it got wet then it will turn orange lol.

But if its aluminum it still oxidizes but its slightly different, it should take years to show.