Wireless Network Help

Swindon rider

I have just bought a repeater to boost the signal in my room as my PlayStation only picks up about 5% - 10% and is very unreliable, my network has a password and I am having difficulty getting the repeater to work. It is a Siemens Gigaset 108, I've read the instructions and they are confusing the hell out of me and not answering my questions. I don't know much about computers but I managed to set up my networks security, so I can get that far at least.

Any network jediis? Please help!

Cheers

I'll start that again in an easier step-by-step way :)

1. Using the patch cable, plug it into the router.

2. Go to Start > Run > type cmd > type ipconfig > Make a note of the Default Gateway and Subnet Mask

3. Open internet explorer, in the address bar type http://192.168.2.254 and this should open up the configuration page for your repeater.

4. Open another internet explorer window and type in the same as above, but replace the IP address with your Default Gateway, this should open the configuration page for your router.

5. On the repeater configuration page, ensure that the SSID and subnet mask address are exactly the same as on the router settings(!!!), you may have to type these in as I doubt they will be picked up automatically. I also recommend using the same pass key on the repeater aswell as the encryption type.

6. Save all the settings and unplug the repeater from the router.

Let me know if you get any errors, you might experience conflicting IP addresses :)

Edit: If it asks for a username and password when setting up the repeater, I think its 'admin' for the username and the password should be left blank - however this should be detailed in your user manual. It may also ask for one for your router, but this should have been assigned by you.

Edited by anzo