Cassette And Drive Trane Problems

Gogz-

OK I have got a hope pro 2 trials .

I'm currently having problems with my Chan alignment / skipping .

this is what is puzzling me , I was running a 14t 3/32" sprocket with a 1/18" chain and my gusset chain tensioner. ( skipped every now and again )

now I have got a new 14t 3/32" sprocket with a 3/32" chain still with the gusset tensioner, I realign the chain or so i thought ( its skipping more than ever lol )

Any way

I have brought a new 14t 1/18" sprocket from tarty so i can run a 1/18" chain again. has any one got any pointers to how to make sour the alignment is correct?

Oh yeah also i'm looking for a cassette locking nut that has more threads on it so it screws deeper in to the cassette body , if any one can let me know where i can get one please

I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say , I would really appreciate all assistance

Is your tensioner running strait?

Enough chain tension?

teeth missing or bent front chain ring?

bent hanger?

damaged chain or stiff links?

hub internals broken?

I hate problems with the drive it just makes your bike feel so sketchy. if it isn't any of them I'm a bit stuck for ideas, quite often it is a bad chain or a chain that hasn't worn to the sprockets your using (though I've not really had this problem with wider chains.)

The chain is coming off the front and onto the rear sprockets nice and square? you can play around with bb axle lengths and the different size spacers in the single speed kit to get this alignment perfect. Other than this, what's already been listed sounds about right.

Also, how old is the front sprocket? running a new chain on old cogs is never a good idea.

Qu.

1.Is your tensioner running strait?

2.Enough chain tension?

3.teeth missing or bent front chain ring?

4.bent hanger?

5.damaged chain or stiff links?

6.hub internals broken?

I hate problems with the drive it just makes your bike feel so sketchy. if it isn't any of them I'm a bit stuck for ideas, quite often it is a bad chain or a chain that hasn't worn to the sprockets your using (though I've not really had this problem with wider chains.)

A

1.As straight as it can be because of how it fits on the frame.

2.It's got lots of tension.

3.Both are v new. 14t sprocket i put on 2 day.

4.Its slightly bent but not so it's affecting it.

5.4 day old chain.

6.i really don't think so ( I hope not lol).

Its had a new chain 4 days ago, new sprocket today, realigned today and its still making a clunking (chain trying to come off) noise.

Its not a lack of chain wrap around the 14t sprocket, 3/4 of it is engaged all the time where I have got my tensioner holding up the chain.

Edited by gogz69

Is the front chain ring in a good state?

maby a picture or two could help out hard to tell whats happening. It also might be worth checking your hub out there could be a lot of flex comming form it when you put power down hard and that could be trowing the chain. (This will only be the case if the chain is only trown when you pedal hard.) and if the tensioner is twisted (the jocky wheel is not running in a strait line down the chain.) this could cause your chain to come off.

I assume you ahve picked the bike up and seen when the chain is droped see if its in the same spot every time that can be a massive help if you havn't. maby a stiff link where the chains gone together.

hope iv been some sort of help

(it is drivetrain not chain)

Edited by bendy