Zona Zip Frames

jordan282

They have been about for sometime, so I guess its just an older model that has had its day.

My friend has one which he can ride an absolute beast, it meets his requirements perfectly (just your street moves, etc).

It is however quite a long bike (I don't know the geo but I'm sure someone will), and it is also heavy for a trials frame.

Of course with weight comes strength so you won't have to worry about it cracking (I doubt any has put a major crack in one).

One thing to point out is that there is no snail cam holes drilled into the frame, so if you are currently using this method of tensioning, then you will have to switch to an alternative such as chain tugs.

With echo lite forks, 1045wb, +45mm bb, with Onza T-Pro forks, 1065wb, +55bb. 2.3kg, and apart from the bash mount crack they are pretty much the strongest mod frames around, I've only ever seen one snap.

They all crack halfway across on the bash mount, it's where the weld is only in the middle of the join, it cracks across to there and stops, loads of them have done it but it doesn't effect the stregnth of the frame.

Edited by Muel

• 2 weeks later...

Still have mine!

Rides so nice! You can't really tell it's heavy by the way it rides. Easy to keep on the backwheel, sidehops nice too. If you're after a strong, long mod, definately get one!

Haven't really had any problems with mine, other than stripping the brake mount threads (helicoiled now) and cracking the bashplate mount, but that doesn't matter anyway. ;)