Which Booster?- Zoo Pitbull

Rob/Mitch

Before anything, check your frame for cracks around the brake mounts..

2 of my '05 Pitbulls have cracked there :( Might be why its feeling a bit spongey.

I'd recommend a 2 bolt booster, 4 bolt ones tend to be too stiff. Unless you like a completely solid feel at the lever.

Edited by Bob Fossil

Before anything, check your frame for cracks around the brake mounts..

2 of my '05 Pitbulls have cracked there :( Might be why its feeling a bit spongey.

I'd recommend a 2 bolt booster, 4 bolt ones tend to be too stiff. Unless you like a completely solid feel at the lever.

thanks for the heads up, think its ok though, yeah i do prefer a solid feeling lever. im returning to trials after 8 years off so im just trying to familiarise with things again

thanks for the heads up, think its ok though, yeah i do prefer a solid feeling lever. im returning to trials after 8 years off so im just trying to familiarise with things again

Because the old pitbulls were so stiff already, you may jeopardise your brake's performance by putting a booster on there. I know it seems weird but some brakes are made worse with the use of a booster.

Because the old pitbulls were so stiff already, you may jeopardise your brake's performance by putting a booster on there. I know it seems weird but some brakes are made worse with the use of a booster.

I can visably see the frame flex when applying the brake so i think a booster should do the trick. i take it they all do the same job but are some better than others?

I've looked at the cheap Zoo one on Tarty bikes, Dya think it would be suitable for the job?

They are very very stiff boosters. I'd recommend a 2 bolt booster such as this

4 bolt boosters will take away a lot of the bite and noise, especially the super stiff deng ones.

I really would go and actually check for cracks... Because it will grow very quickly.

Edited by Bob Fossil

4 bolt boosters will take away a lot of the bite and noise, especially the super stiff deng ones.

I really would go and actually check for cracks... Because it will grow very quickly.

Will have a good check over tomorrow and let you know,

As for noise? Not fussed on how loud it is as long as it works positively

Suerly a two bolt booster will cause uneven flex/stress on the mounts?

Just dismantled the bike, had a good check over it and it all seems fine. Phew!

Thanks for the heads up though will keep an eye out around that area.

I ordered the zoo booster so will try it out and let you all know how it goes.

Just dismantled the bike, had a good check over it and it all seems fine. Phew!

Thanks for the heads up though will keep an eye out around that area.

I ordered the zoo booster so will try it out and let you all know how it goes.