New Gu Typhoon, Tyres To Fit!?

Dave_Finney

Hi all, just a quick question, i have a maxxis advantage 2.40 and after building my new bike have found that it doesnt fit at all. no trimming will save this one! so does anyone know if the 2.35's fit before i go out and but one? Rim is atoms superlight. Many thanks

Dave

Also sure theres a how to somewhere but i cant see it!! how do you post pics up on here? ta

Hi all, just a quick question, i have a maxxis advantage 2.40 and after building my new bike have found that it doesnt fit at all. no trimming will save this one! so does anyone know if the 2.35's fit before i go out and but one? Rim is atoms superlight. Many thanks

Dave

Also sure theres a how to somewhere but i cant see it!! how do you post pics up on here? ta

Its a 08 gu typhoon 26"

Edited by Dave_Finney

Is it rubbing on the top or bottom chain stay? And if the tryer is to big it should hit both sides? If it only hits one side then get it dished abit?
The top ones are seat stay not chain stays mate :) (even though the frame does not have a seat)

If it's rubbing on both sides then yes the tyre is too big.

lol, yea i know, its not rubbing on the seatstays! its rubbing all over the yoke on the chainstays. in the middle and at both sides. And i know the tyre is too big, this is obvious. i just want to know before going out and buying another tyre that doesnt fit what will go on ok.

Dave

Edited by Dave_Finney