Mod Frame And So On

spartan

So my 221ti broke on me in the spring and i want to get a new frame but i want to make sure its the right one.

I found that with the monty the bars felt like they were far too low when i was on the rear wheel. I was using the monty ti stem but echo flat bars, i intend to get the monty bars with the new frame but im trying to decide between the echo light disc and the czar disc.

The echo has a higher bb than the czar, i ride a czar stock and like the bb height on that if it helps.

Im leaning towards the czar because i love my stock but is this a good choice or would the echo be better.

Also, does the czar and the 221ti have the same snail cam style, that is to say they were on the outside on the monty will it be the same on the czar, i use monty notched snail cams will this work with the czar?

Cheers,

Ian

Both have higher bb rises than the Monty so the bars will feel lower when on both wheels. It also feel more cramped on the back wheel. It sounds like a you need a new stem anyway. The reference between both Czars is only the style, the geo doesn't represent that brand i'd say.

As for snail cams they will definitely be run on the inside of the Czar as the dropout spacing is wider than all the mod hubs going.

If it helps i'm about 5' 10" and can't really ride my 221Pr with a Monty stem/ bar combo. I ride a Viz High Rise.

I'd stay with the stem you have and get some Monty bars. Not sure on the frame. I've ridden a Czar dual disc long and it was ok, but not really my tastes. I ride with a V!Z high rise mated with V!Z Max bars like Eskimo on my Adamant, feels pretty good. But I'm not sure how it's going to feel on anything else. I'm hoping it will feel good on my Monty once I get it built up.

Edited by J Trials 31

I'm pretty sure that the bb height on the czar is the same as the monty at +50 is it not??

I know i need riser bars but do i really need a new stem as this is the one that came with the bike.

Im 5' 11" if that helps any?

Gota also remember the head angle is slacker on the Czar. Which will make your stem point further to the sky, not overly though. So that'll effectively make your stem feel longer. Just buy the Czar, seems like the next closest thing. And it sounds like you rather that.