Help Me Choose A New Mod Frame!

weirdoku

Hi,

Just sold my GU tp as I don't like how long it is. In its current setup, it measures 1045-1050mm. If the wheel is pushed as far in as possible on the dropouts it would be 1030mm. And it's set up as short as possible, any shorter and I won't be able to put the chain on. Or I can have the wheel in as far as possible and use some kind of sprung tensioner for the chain but it would still be 1030mm which is still too long for my liking.

I have these short mod frames in mind. Czar 07 1005mm, Echo Team 07 1015mm, Echo Lite 07 (if I can find a 4-bolt version for sale), Adamant A3 1005mm and maybe a GU LE 1020mm, Neon 20" 1000mm and Zhi ZM1/B 1005mm (looks pretty strong too).

I had a go on a Xtp 2 which was 1000mm or 1005mm and I loved how short it was, when I went back to my TP it felt so damn odd and bring up the front wheel seemed so much more effort.

What I want to ask is for the people who has ridden any of the frames above to give me some feedback on the frame they had. Like did it suit you, it was good for taps or sidehops or it just rides like poop.

Now I have only been riding for 3 months but I'm sure long frames 1030mm upwards are just not right for me so your opinions on those frames would really help me in deciding which one to get. I don't go and bash everything with my bike and I probably will never snap a frame. But I would like to know if those frames are strong. Weight wise, my TP is about the max weight I would buy on a frame but I would like something lighter.

Right now the Czar is the most likely one and becuase it's the cheapest I've seen. Or its the Echo Lite 07 if I can find a 4-bolt version for sale.

I need help in deciding on which one, as I haven't tried most of these frames and I don't want to end up buying a frame I don't like.

Sav

I know for a fact the short A3, Echo Team and lite frames are lush riding frames. I have ridden all of them and they feel really nice. I have a long A3, then rode a short A3 and wish I had got one of those, but I still like my long A3 anyway. Rode a long Czar and didn't like it. Don't know if it had to do with the length or the feel of the whole bike. Also, it was quite heavy for some reason.

I know for a fact the short A3, Echo Team and lite frames are lush riding frames. I have ridden all of them and they feel really nice. I have a long A3, then rode a short A3 and wish I had got one of those, but I still like my long A3 anyway. Rode a long Czar and didn't like it. Don't know if it had to do with the length or the feel of the whole bike. Also, it was quite heavy for some reason.

The A3 is the heaviest out of all my choices, I really am stuck between the Team, Lite and Czar. I ahv ebeen told the Czar didn't ride quite nice too but it's down to personally preference though. I just wish I can try all these frames first.

The A3 is the heaviest out of all my choices, I really am stuck between the Team, Lite and Czar. I ahv ebeen told the Czar didn't ride quite nice too but it's down to personally preference though. I just wish I can try all these frames first.

Out of those choices. I'd got with the Echo lite. Personally.

Through Tarty you mean? Give them a ring or email Adam to see if they have any more. In that case, Czar might be your best bet if your deadset against an A3.

Through selectbikes, are they any good by the way? I've never ordered from them before.

So yeah I'm down to the Czar and the Lite and slightly the team cos it has a built in brake booster.

hi

have a think about a koxx hydroxx 2 , really nice frame have a look at the geo on www.tartybikes.co.uk they ride great.

james s.

Remember I've been only riding for 3 months, spending anything over £1K is just silly.

Yeah, sure I can recommend a new Monty to you all day, but I think this is more of a money issue than anything. If you can afford a high end bike, ok, but if you can't go with what you can afford. What's your budget anyway?

Sure the hydroxx is nice and all but i'll never spend that much on a bike, no matter how good I get unless I'm world champion.

Budget, £200 I can fill, £250 is to the brim and anymore is no talk. Money is there but I still have to go through the whole scratching and denting frames phase from trying big things.

I'll happily take second hand frames of the czar, lite and teams in good condition though.

Theres a xtp2 over in the sale section for £215 with bb and guessing the bash too.

I can but I have to dish out a bit more for a rear disk hub and rear disc brake which would push my budget to the limit unless I sell some other things.

Rear disc is worth it. I'm trying to go rear disc on a 07' Monty 221TI, but I'm sort of lacking the funds at the moment as well.

Theres a xtp2 over in the sale section for £215 with bb and guessing the bash too.

I can but I have to dish out a bit more for a rear disk hub and rear disc brake which would push my budget to the limit unless I sell some other things.

I would give him an offer for the frame, you can pick up good rear disc's for cheap and someone might swap you there rear wheel for yours if its a good spec and your lucky.

Consider a Ciguena :- ........

I can't stand the look of the frame. And the dropouts are too complicated when it can be simple as snail cams.

I would give him an offer for the frame, you can pick up good rear disc's for cheap and someone might swap you there rear wheel for yours if its a good spec and your lucky.

I'll pm him an offer, but if I do go disk on the back I'll need to trade my wheel for a disk one, other wise its like £100 for used disc hub and disc brake.

Mate used to have a short czar, If i could have I would deffinitly have taken it off him there and then. Was absolutely amazing, was relitively light, flicky and best of all, it was dead easy to ride. I had a shot on it at some rocks and it just flew over them, if I didnt love my own bike so much, I would seriously be looking at a czar frame ;)

Mate used to have a short czar, If i could have I would deffinitly have taken it off him there and then. Was absolutely amazing, was relitively light, flicky and best of all, it was dead easy to ride. I had a shot on it at some rocks and it just flew over them, if I didnt love my own bike so much, I would seriously be looking at a czar frame ;)

Yeah i am his "mate that had the czar. A boy that lives in same village as me just got a czar and had a shot on it and want another one. They ride amazing. I would defiantly go for the czar over the echo lite because a few of my mate have had echo lite's and they have all snapped really easily.

Edited by higgzGU!

Yeah i am his "mate that had the czar. A boy that lives in same village as me just got a czar and had a shot on it and want another one. They ride amazing. I would defiantly go for the czar over the echo lite because a few of my mate have had echo lite's and they have all snapped really easily.

Thanks for all the replies, I have mad emy decision on a Echo lite in the end. I really doubt I will be able to snap a frame at my current stage though and I'll just add a brake booster on to stop any/most frame flex. I had to buy a headset, and bottom bracket with my frame too so the cheaper Echo Lite was the better option in that sense.

Who knows, I might get the Czar frame after this lite if they are still around then!

I'll post up pictures when the Lite is up and running!