Oil On The Rim

trialsmax04

If it was a disk it would yes, white spirit is oil based (note it smells like spray oils, WD40 etc) any alcohol based cleaner, with no oil in it will do.

So i can use white spirit to clean the tar and other substances off my rims? Without the risk of ruining my pads?

Edited by ginger allen echo

You want a clean rag and some lighter fluid as it isn't oil based :)

Put it on the cloth and then rub it round your rim until all the crap comes off (You will notice that the rag is really filthy after you have done this :))

Do it until you feel happy :)

Also take a file to your pads to to clean them up awell :)

After you have done that, just let your brake bed back in :)

Easiest way to know that your clear of any stuff on the rim just give it a good 'ol grind and clean the pads. (Y)

This way you can get closer to destroying your rim everytime you spill something on it! If you don't already have a grind it might be a good idea to try as your braking power will increase, but to clean it use disc brake cleaner (or nail varnish remover) sprayed onto the rim and keep wiping it off and repeating until you feel that it is all clean. Then file your pads a bit.

Edited by sstein