Try All Parts, Are They Really Worth So Much More?

ramps

So I am just getting back into riding after a 2 year on and off gap and looking around on tarty etc I see these ultra expensive parts that fair enough are lighter than other parts but not by much. Is there any other reason for the pricing of them? like are they near enough indestructable? Are you just paying for the name? If i smashed my 250 quid derailier on side hope I'd be fairly pissed off...... I know the frames have allways been expensive but a few years ago the parts wern't so expensive so whats happned?

You need to distinguish genuine TryAll designed parts from those which come from OEM manufacturers and have a TryAll logo printed on them hence doubling their price - like for instance TryAll Wellgo MG1 based pedals. Koxx (or Try-All since it's the same) do a lot of R&D so at least you know that your money is going into the development of new interesting parts. As for the frames, some are incredibly complicated (like the Boxx for instance) and that sets it's price so high. If you're just looking for some tubes welded together, you can get a much cheaper frame from say Echo or Zhi.

Koxx/TryAll offers some very interesting parts for demanding riders but if you're just looking into building up a bike which will last as long as possible, get something else.