Halp!

NVWOCI WVS

Basically, I'm runing a magura on my Leeson with a chrome rim and some Plaz Spanish-Fly pads. The brake performs really well, but sometimes the pad just grips too hard on the rim and rips out of the backing. I've tried re-sticking it in with super glue, an even a little bit of thickened epoxy resin, but They keep coming out.

I've just been out for a little ride now and it's finally had it. The actual pad material has torn this time (see photo). The brake is always well set up, with the pads square to the rim, and the trailing edge touching slightly first.

Any tips or pad recomendations for this setup, which might last slightly longer than these?

Thanks,

Sam

post-13468-1233430927_thumb.jpg

Try setting them up really close to the rim so theres not much room for it to actually catch and twist out?

I set them up usind a credit card, so they were pretty close. Don't really think I could have them any closer.

They did the same when I had them on a smooth rim, I found them just too grippy. I switched to CRMs and it hasn't happened since.

CRMs on a smooth rim? I might give it a go.

CRMs on a smooth rim are awesome! Maybe to bitey for street?

Well, it's a chrome rim, so I guess CRMs will be ultra aggressive. I might try a set of koolstop reds or magura blacks for a while...

Does anyone want to give me a set for the price of postage, pretty please? I'm a skint student!

Superglue is a contact adhesive. It only works properly if you use a minimal ammount. I was pretty generous with it though, I'd say.

Actually superglue will only stick without oxygen which is why it only works with thin aplications, you need to squeeze the oxygen out. That is why it doesnt go hard in the bottle.

Blah blah blah ....wheres my wig?

Matt