Clothing

Fred Smith

Can anyone advise me as I'm fairly new to cycling. I'm searching for a good place to get some racing clothing....eg...skin wear...helmet...shoes etc. I've kitted myself out for training using the following site... www.cycleclothinguk.com who seem very good for general stuff. I'm planning on doing some racing this year with a local club and find the number of online web sites a little bewildering. Obviously there maybe some regular shops people can recommend as well.

Thanks

Fred

Can anyone advise me as I'm fairly new to cycling. I'm searching for a good place to get some racing clothing....eg...skin wear...helmet...shoes etc. I've kitted myself out for training using the following site... www.cycleclothinguk.com who seem very good for general stuff. I'm planning on doing some racing this year with a local club and find the number of online web sites a little bewildering. Obviously there maybe some regular shops people can recommend as well.

Thanks

Fred

<_< Hmm, This is trials as in comp trials not time trials. People on here will help you, But this is the wrong site for that shizz.

Halfords do alot of that stuff maybe they can help.

:giggle:

I concur. There is nothing wrong with the clothing that Halfords do and it is quite cheap. Don't knock it unless you have tried it just because they do mostly crap bikes, the rest of their stuff is generally very good!

I concur. There is nothing wrong with the clothing that Halfords do and it is quite cheap. Don't knock it unless you have tried it just because they do mostly crap bikes, the rest of their stuff is generally very good!

i wasnt moking i was finding the fact hes on a bike trials site asking about time trials thats all dude :D

Oit there not mostly crap bikes .They sell some really good bikes for £50 for the tight ass chav scum to kill them selves on. you could try cycles uk for some deathtraps. It don't help there rep that half the people that work there have no dedication and pride in building a bike or even in cycleing.....

shush!!!! dont tell any one but I might work there lol , imo Im one of the good guys

Yeah....... but any way check out your local bike hut :thumbsup:

Edited by Gogz-

Oit there not mostly crap bikes .They sell some really good bikes for £50 for the tight ass chav scum to kill them selves on. you could try cycles uk for some deathtraps. It don't help there rep that half the people that work there have no dedication and pride in building a bike or even in cycleing.....

shush!!!! dont tell any one but I might work there lol , imo Im one of the good guys

Yeah dude, i bought some stuff from Halfords, it's a pretty good website!

To be honest with you pal- Just buy t-shirts from tarty, they've got a recent reduction in their prices!

And also they have some very, very nice hoodies!

Which i quite like the look off ;)

Going to order my self one of them on the weekend :)

mat.

They are!.. And I work there haha :P

Good clothes though. I got some Kona Stuff shorts for a tenner!

I am a bike hut mechanic, so is fatpants or watever he is called these days. The people at the local cycles UK all do some form of cycling (mostly bmx or trials) and the two managers used to work for bike hut. Most of the staff in my LBS used to work for halfords. If you ask I am sure that you will find most bike mechanics have at one point or another worked for a halfords bike hut, so your comment is way off. And as for the bad bikes, we deal in pretty much all makes and can get in most bikes, take a look in a bike hut specific store.

Sorry to rant but people like you p*ss me off. If you don't want to buy from halfords then don't but don't insult mechanics that you have never even met! :angry:

I am a bike hut mechanic, so is fatpants or watever he is called these days. The people at the local cycles UK all do some form of cycling (mostly bmx or trials) and the two managers used to work for bike hut. Most of the staff in my LBS used to work for halfords. If you ask I am sure that you will find most bike mechanics have at one point or another worked for a halfords bike hut, so your comment is way off. And as for the bad bikes, we deal in pretty much all makes and can get in most bikes, take a look in a bike hut specific store.

Sorry to rant but people like you p*ss me off. If you don't want to buy from halfords then don't but don't insult mechanics that you have never even met! :angry:

If you highlight the spoiler you will see that I say that I work there my self as a bike mechanic and one that cares that people don't die as soon as they get out the Dore ...

I think you have got the wrong end of the proverbial stick, I very sorry if you are one of the unlucky ones that have been brain washed in to thinking that its the best bike shop in the world, or do you work for cycles uk? any way same bifference.

I bet you think the shockwave sus 550 is a really good bike lol.

Any way not wanting to start an argument (prob a tad late now lol) all i was saying there is a minority of people that don't give a shit about the bikes. . and i know this because i have to work on the bikes that they haven't put together properly.

All in all halfords is a good bike shop, as long as you don't get some one that's just out for your money. I like to think in honest salesman and if you keep an eye out there is some bargains to be had.

You have to remember that halfords isn't just a bike shop but they are mainly catering for motorists. Also most of there bikes are aimed at a market which dont want to spend hundreds and hundreds of pounds on a bike which they will only ride on the pavements with there children and maybe once in a while off road. But they do actually have a surprising amount of goodish quality gear and tools at reasonable prices and they are bringing in some higher spec gear. I know I have bought stuff from them and I will again if I'm passing and need something.

You have to remember that halfords isn't just a bike shop but they are mainly catering for motorists. Also most of there bikes are aimed at a market which dont want to spend hundreds and hundreds of pounds on a bike which they will only ride on the pavements with there children and maybe once in a while off road. But they do actually have a surprising amount of goodish quality gear and tools at reasonable prices and they are bringing in some higher spec gear. I know I have bought stuff from them and I will again if I'm passing and need something.

+1

I agree that Halfords is a sh*t store, I jsut don't think it is fair to say that all of the mechanics don't care, or for that matter all of the bikes we sell are sh*t. Sorry to rant, but just got a bit p*ssed.

I didn't say it was everyone because then id be saying I was also crap. and I actually didn't say all the bikes were crap just a select few.

I think that there is a saver lack of guidance from the more seyner members of the halfords TEAM lol, which can only make things worse.

Halfords was once just a bike shop back in the day. And I think the bike hut stand alone store's are a really good idea.

Any way sorry about steeling the topic .