Im A Complete Newb Lol

fobsessed

i only started trials around christmas, i had an interest before and got a diamondback for a present, i only ride about 1 hour a day , depends on the weather, and in britain, weather is not really good :/

i can do some stuff like little side hops,bunny hops, endo and yeah, it's all i know how to do, what should i learn to do next, and i may not know it so could you tell me in a little more detail?

thanks, Hayden.

Hi! :) practise to pivot your front wheel and back wheel to either sides, try to pivot further and further as you improve. Trackstand and rocking are crucial skills as well, that are easy to practise. There are some good sites with info on the different beginner skills; http://www.trials-online.com/trials-techniques.php and http://www.biketrials.com/how-to/index.shtml

thanks, im going to try track standing , but i can pivot to the right really easy, too the left it's a lot harder =(, thanks anyway :)

Yeah I have the same issue, I can pivot my front wheel to the right easily and my back wheel to the left easily, but the opposite directions are a bit harder. Nevertheless, it will get easier with practice! And if you haven't figured out already, it's easier to learn trackstand in a slight uphill, where you can use a little movement on the pedals to push your bike forward (or let it roll backwards a little), correcting your right/left balance while keeping the front wheel turned slightly to whichever side you prefer. Have fun ^^

Edited by staphan

I think trackstanding is one of the most important moves in trials as you will use it in almost every move to balance also youtube will give you a good idea in what moves to learn. Also to hop on your back wheel I practiced by going against the wall and balancing my front wheel on it if I was going to loose balance.

Hope this helps, Max.

I'm pretty much the same as you. started riding at Christmas and can do pretty much as u described, one thing that has helped a lot is trying to balance on the back wheel (helps loads while attempting pedal kicks) also, track standing is essential !! and you don't have to use a hill, even just practicing using the brakes helps (well, it has helped me)

those 2 things that have helped me loads,

track standing (with or without using brakes)

and trying to balance on the back wheel (also try doing small hops while on the back wheel to stabilize yourself)

Also like the other guys have been saying; watch videos of the web, gives you a good idea of the different techniques you can use !

hope this helps!

Mark :D

so far i've been practising little iddy biddy side hops :D attempting rear wheel hops, i can do 2 :) and need to find a good hill to try track standing on, i have a slight hill in my garden but its no use :(

I have been trials riding for about 3 weeks now. Keep practicing man. I could do almost nothing when i started. But as i have been a xc rider and racer for years i have an ok understanding of balance. I oractice for about an hour a day. I am currently up to 6 rear wheel hops. i can bunny hop about 6 inches from standing.

It just takes loads of practice. There are some great videos on you tube. Check out Tartybikes.co.uk and also some of Danny macaskill's videos on you tube. he is amazing.

Hi! :) practise to pivot your front wheel and back wheel to either sides, try to pivot further and further as you improve. Trackstand and rocking are crucial skills as well, that are easy to practise. There are some good sites with info on the different beginner skills; http://www.trials-online.com/trials-techniques.php and http://www.biketrials.com/how-to/index.shtml

Exactly the thing i was looking for.

Edited by dc13