Trials Park

Sprog!

Right a good friend of mine is a successfull member of our town council and me and him have been talking for along time about building a trials park in our town, and he is willing to help in whatever way he can with it.

I would like suggestions and opinions from people, like how and what to build, what material (i understand lumps of concrete is cheap) and how to convince the town council to build it.(there are some rea C*nts in our council)

P.S.We have a problem with vandelism in our town so nothing like wood please as it would lead to chavs starting fires.

Tim keep out of his topic!!! :D

cheers Sprog

You could tell your council that they probably already own most of the stuff you need, old pipes, cable wraps, rocks etc, so they wouldn't need to pay that much for stuff.

They'll probably also have some random bit of wasteland kicking about somewhere.

Also, maybe try to get a local artist/sculptor to do some bonkers modern art out of stones or something, councils love all that weird stuff, kills two birds with one stone.

Hi

I think you should hire a team of proffesional trials riders (thinkbikes) then show the councilors what they od and wat apparatus they require then show them your plan (your park) then get local childrend who ride trials to say there views on it (dont go too youg due to little things being built and too old e.g. adults you woud be cornering your self into the market (not may 12 year olds are going to want to do big gaps , and not many adults are going to want to do a foot drop )).

thats my opinion.

Nick pyke- how much would it cost to get a professional trials team to help? yeah well if we get a big enough area it would be pretty simple to build things for everyone a.k.a a block of concrete say 1ft high for little kids and then once you have progressed on that you should be starting to back wheel hop so you'd advance more quicker to the harder things.

onza boy27-yeah but it's just there isnt much to do where i live and if we can get a park up it would be better than nothing.

Lord Banks-good idea because they are old and they'd like arty stuff :giggle:

Right a good friend of mine is a successfull member of our town council and me and him have been talking for along time about building a trials park in our town, and he is willing to help in whatever way he can with it.

I would like suggestions and opinions from people, like how and what to build, what material (i understand lumps of concrete is cheap) and how to convince the town council to build it.(there are some rea C*nts in our council)

P.S.We have a problem with vandelism in our town so nothing like wood please as it would lead to chavs starting fires.

Tim keep out of his topic!!! :D

cheers Sprog

Me and a few locals designed out trials park dident cost that much theres some of it in my video (It wont let me post a link sorry youll have to find it lol) its under new frame in newmemberschat. dont know if it will help but should give you an idea .

Ohh and make sure they concrete the floor haha at first ours was just grass and gravell wasent very nice to ride on as ours was built on a hill.

Me and Reece (bearded midget) managed to get 20k for a bike park in our local area.

10k from British Airways

10k from 'Sport Essex'

and we also have a professional bike park designer designing it for us

we also got in the paper.

Basically just write loads about how you need a bike park because you'll get injured on the street, or arrested e.t.c.

Charlie

yeh i hate it, Police most of the time tell us to 'move on' but we have NO where to ride.. So yeah, a wee trials park/area whatever would be good (Y)

uhm.. was gonna say Chubb Pallets but there wood.. Haha oh well.

yehh Rocks sound good and a few big concrete blocks & some smaller ones for those first timers :)

neonneon-how did you get money from Brittish airways? yeah like really exagerate.

TrialsCalum-the police downin our town love us! they always stop to chat (but yeah i will use that)

Tom_the_turtle-yeah there is plenty of areas to build there.

COCKY-ok I'll chek that out. Is there any other decent floors you could use accept concrete.

Yeah theres definately a load of places in Plymouth, like un-used areas, and Plymouth is like a bit of a main place for people to meet up from like all over, so it would be good. BTW i was that guy riding the blue gimp =[ lol

Tom

the blue gimp?

neonneon-how did you get money from Brittish airways? yeah like really exagerate.

TrialsCalum-the police downin our town love us! they always stop to chat (but yeah i will use that)

Tom_the_turtle-yeah there is plenty of areas to build there.

COCKY-ok I'll chek that out. Is there any other decent floors you could use accept concrete.

Yeah theres loads but for a decent,grippy floor that you can ride any weather with out it affecting you like grass would turn into mud and would be shit in the wet (or even days after it has rained).

You could use a veriaty or difrent floors but as you know councils are gay like that and youll be on a budget.

concrete is cheap and easy to lay.

Our town council told us that they would supply a THIN layer of concrete witch would last as long as it dose (4 years now), Its starting to crack in plases and crumble.

But also our council said when the floor is nackerd they will change everything about before laying a new one.

Why not use the stufff they have in childrens parks (like spongey rubber stuff sort of bouncy so it wont hurt when yu fall of) , it is really nice to ride on and grippy in the wet and dry obv. if you couldnt afford my idea then couldnt you go round getting videos of trials riders saying they need a trials park , and have little children (sob story soo the councilers cant say NO!) i would of that would be better. good luck!!

when your getting the videos of the people riding tials make sure they are on the street not in a park as they will say "S*D OFF AND USE A SKATE BORAD AND BMX BICYCLE PARK", and get local citizens (peoples grandads and nans saying it is a pain having children ruining the local architecture so it is time for a trials park but dont say it is your grandad or nan.

yet agian hope this helps.

Why not use the stufff they have in childrens parks (like spongey rubber stuff sort of bouncy so it wont hurt when yu fall of) , it is really nice to ride on and grippy in the wet and dry obv. if you couldnt afford my idea then couldnt you go round getting videos of trials riders saying they need a trials park , and have little children (sob story soo the councilers cant say NO!) i would of that would be better. good luck!!

when your getting the videos of the people riding tials make sure they are on the street not in a park as they will say "S*D OFF AND USE A SKATE BORAD AND BMX BICYCLE PARK", and get local citizens (peoples grandads and nans saying it is a pain having children ruining the local architecture so it is time for a trials park but dont say it is your grandad or nan.

yet agian hope this helps.

I know quite a few old peope LOL I'll ask them to get involved by saying we are a pain.

Yeah just to say how pathetic the council is, they spent 3 and a half hours discusing how big the dog foul signs are and that they need new ones as they are'nt big enough :angry: so i doubt that they would pay any much than they could for a more expensive ground. Yeah good ideas.