What 20" Trails Bike?

CrazedMofo

Hi all, I'm 22 and i have a 19" trek 4300 i use for light trails around my way. Used to do a hell of a lot of bmx'ing a fews years back too. Now I'm looking for a 20" trials bike I can use for when i go 140 miles away to my misses house. Basicly I will have something to do when she's at work on a sunday as i have a mate up there that does it too. Being a bit of a noob to trials what bike do you recommend? What prices can i expect to pay as i dont really want to pay shed loads and more than likely going to buy second hand for a half decent one. More to the point.. anyone have a bike they would like to sell around the berkshire or devon area. can pick up. Cheers guys...

Hi all, I'm 22 and i have a 19" trek 4300 i use for light trails around my way. Used to do a hell of a lot of bmx'ing a fews years back too. Now I'm looking for a 20" trials bike I can use for when i go 140 miles away to my misses house. Basicly I will have something to do when she's at work on a sunday as i have a mate up there that does it too. Being a bit of a noob to trials what bike do you recommend? What prices can i expect to pay as i dont really want to pay shed loads and more than likely going to buy second hand for a half decent one. More to the point.. anyone have a bike they would like to sell around the berkshire or devon area. can pick up. Cheers guys...

I would say a Onza Rip or Onza Bird. Have a look on www.tartybikes.co.uk and deside on a one you like, Also people arn't aloud to sell in the NMC wait until you get validated and then try and get one from the For sale section

I would say a Onza Rip or Onza Bird. Have a look on www.tartybikes.co.uk and deside on a one you like, Also people arn't aloud to sell in the NMC wait until you get validated and then try and get one from the For sale section

Ahh, alrite, cheers mate. thanx for the heads up. The RIP & BIRD are new models arent they? trying to get a second hand jobby at the mo but will take a look. Cheers

So I've jumped straight in at the deep end and have done everything i am not supposed to do as i missed to read something. I suppose many people have done this before yet i cannot edit my post's to remove what I have done wrong. brilliant...

Edited by CrazedMofo

Stock or Mod?

if your going to buy a stock i strongly reccommend a Phase 1.3 and mayeb a single speed conversion kit

Mod on the other hand are mostly single speed and to be honest id look on ebay for a few Onza's or a Monty!

hope it helps!

Stock or Mod?

if your going to buy a stock i strongly reccommend a Phase 1.3 and mayeb a single speed conversion kit

Mod on the other hand are mostly single speed and to be honest id look on ebay for a few Onza's or a Monty!

hope it helps!

Read the post rich :rolleyes:

he said 20"

Yeah id recommend something like a secondhand t-pro or something around the same sort, im looking for the same haha

Hmm- i would suggest a Onza blade (£500~)

Any of the Onza 20"s with a 19" back are great begginer bikes.

Personally, i wouldn't buy the RIP because my friend baught one and within 3 weeks his cranks were trashed and were falling off :P

Mat.

Just don't get:

a Neon (completely shit I'd prefer a Saracen Mad 2.0)

Or Koxx (too f**king light and expensive)

Or anything off Trials-Uk (Wont receive it, wrong color, length e.t.c.)

No buying and selling in new members chat.

This wont help you get validated. Just so you know

Who are you to give advice?!

Your in pre-members yourself!

Do you know what it's like to become validated?!

I was once...

It was beautiful :$

I hate it when people think they're moderators!

Its like old people telling you off for riding on stuff. Does my f**king head in, Are you a police man?!

No? Then f**k OFF! :angry:

:giggle: I love this forum.

P.S. Atleast Jack gave advice first, then advised him not to buy stuff on pre members.

You just wasted about 400 pixels of my screen. ALSO you took some of my processor, rendering the type to the browser! Bitch. :P

Edited by neonneon

i have a mission prodigy for sale, as im not into the sport, just been serviced, magura highdrolic breaks, maxxis tyres, wider rear one. new grips. not my sport so im selling the bike. 0770663699 if your interested mate, as ill probubly get told off for saying this.