Monty Rim Brake Spray

George.E

I haven't used it but if you were to get a brake spray get the swarfega brake and clutch cleaner! Cheap and makes your brake nice and loud.

Totally different stuff, the brake cleaner is just a solvent, designed to get grease/road tar/ greasy finger prints/general dirt off friction surfaces on cars when fitting/cleaning them.

the monty brake spray is actually an adhesive type spray. that maks the pads stick to the rim easier/better/stronger.

Car brake and clutch cleaners aren't suitable for bike disk brakes apparently as they leave a residue. They could be useful for rim brake degreasing, but rolling the bike through wet grass is amazingly effective in my experience. If you're dealing with wet conditions a grind is probably a better solution, but I've not used tar/brake spray and haven't heard enough good about it to consider trying - most of them stop working when it's damp, which in a cold temperate maritime climate is pretty much every second day...