Mod Or Stock

anthonyas11

Hi everyone.

I used to ride a couple of years back and always stuck to a mod as never relaly looked to progress much further....recently been debating starting afresh and had a ride on a friends stock and also I still ride jump.

With the new technologies and lightness would you recomend starting on a stock to basically learn it again? My jump bike runs maggies and whenever im bored i take it out for a little hop around.

Thanks everyone. Ant.

Hmm, I think what your saying is a good idea, to get a stock to start learning and then when you get back into it start doing little mods to it tweaking it for your self. So if its not got great brakes then learn again with them and then when your good and you put decent brakes on you will feel like OT PI!

Its all about your personal preference and what you feel comfortable on and ride the best, but put it this way i rode mod for the years and went stock at the start of this year and have improved massively cince.

Its all about your personal preference and what you feel comfortable on and ride the best, but put it this way i rode mod for the years and went stock at the start of this year and have improved massively cince.

Yeah I've heard a lot of people improve once on stock. I think the jump bike element wil certainly help too.

Thanks for the responses it's definately getting my brain in gear...still not sure if I should go for the financial investment to do it again!!

Anthony.

Defiantely thinking a stock set up now. Anyone got any suggestions....now an official noob to this.

I rekon either a 26" set up or possibly a 24" any suggestions or what i should be looking for...i defiantely want used and busgets not endless!! I think I'd want front disk rear maggies...any tips or what to look out for?

Thanks again.

Hey, i was im the same dilemma a couple of weeks back,

Many people who posted on my post said "Mod" if you're just starting of and want to throw you're self about (which i now do). But its all down to personal prefrence, i enjoy riding a "mod". Even though all the other riding i had been doing was on a 26" mountian bike.

I would recommend Most Onza bikes, for a "mod" opption and something like an Koxx Aciddrop for a "stock".

It also depends on you're price range, i was really lucky i got a vintage t-bird with avids front and rear for £40

Still i hope i've kinda helped. My preference is "mod" but everyone is different.

Jake

I much prefer mod. So much easier to throw around. Really flicky too.

But if your all for getting a Stock then go for it. I really like the feel of some stocks. (Y)

I agree with Hunter there. I prefer mod to stock.

I find mod is easier to control and throw around :)

But some stocks do ride really nice so go for it who ever is going stock (Y)