Possible New Trials Rider

MK999

After having a search in the forums I was surprised to see very few beginners bike debates around, unless I'm just rubbish at searching. I got a BMX recently but haven't really been able to get on with it that well, I managed to learn a bunnyhop to the point where I can get up a fairly high curb, short manuals etc but the size and feel of it just isn't all that comfortable as I'm around 6'1.

Looking around a bit I'm fairly set on a 24" trials, after watching a couple of Danny Macaskill videos I really like the trials style with a mix of bmx style stuff in there, so I'm after a bike suited to that. I haven't got much, or well anything to spend but I have got my BMX, a pretty much brand new mirraco blend 1 as a swap, worth around 150 I guess now. The main thing I'm looking for in a bike is light weight, I'm tall but fairly lanky and skinny so I don't have that much weight to throw about, meaning the strongest bike around is not really necessary for me, but relatively lightweight is a must. Any advice/suggestions/pointers?

I'm sure I would, and they look awesome, but at £1000 they're a bit out of my budget! Might have a job lined up soon, so a second hand one might be doable :) Probably gonna wait until I hear back on this job before I change bikes.

I've just found a phase 1.3 that may sell for around £100, thinking about picking that up for now, since I can always sell it on later for something better (the inspired fourplay really does look good) Anyone have any input on these? Web searches turn up very little. Also tempted by the Adamant A1 in for sale, but they seem to be an 'acquired' taste for those that do ride them?

I've just found a phase 1.3 that may sell for around £100, thinking about picking that up for now, since I can always sell it on later for something better (the inspired fourplay really does look good) Anyone have any input on these? Web searches turn up very little. Also tempted by the Adamant A1 in for sale, but they seem to be an 'acquired' taste for those that do ride them?

They are really good begginer bikes but you said you would like a 24" but i doubt you would be able to pick one of them up as they are over £1000.

If you save up some money and wait there are always Inspired full builds for sale for around £400 (give or take).

Rowlands sold one only a few days ago for around £370.

I really wouldn't expect you to get an Inspired or even a 24UK much cheaper than that to be honest, unless it's trashed, in which case it will more than likely end up a money pit!

Get a job and save!