Multiple Hopping Front And Back

hey guyyys! i have just learnt to do a rear hop (of wich i can only do 2 of) and a front wheel hop (of wich i can do 1 of). i need some advise on how i can do more hops

my technique is to do an endo then go on the back wheel then try and hop.

my technique for the front wheel hop is to do an endo then just... well hop it

i really cant do more than 2 on the back and 1 on the front. can anyone help me ?

by the wayyy... i am doing it on a mountin bike i havnt got my trials yet :(

Edited by Laurence--Trials

fwh aren't as easy as the rwh^^

RWH: Practise! After some weeks you'll get better an better.

FWH: Realy hard to do... I, for example, can almsot rwh endless, but can only do 1-2 frontwheelhops (I'm riding for 4-5 months).

Well mate, you said you're riding a mountain bike?

Which seriously does make it SO much harder!

One reason, it probably weighs 5 or so KG's more than any trials related bike,

and two, it probably has suspension? You don't want sus! :P

Anyway, to the backhops, these will probably take you a couple of months to learn to do correctly and controlably.

With the front hops, people who have been riding years can't even do them! They're not needed in any riding anyway to be honest.

This video has helped me to. Ive watched other people do it and they make it look so easy but i can still on do 2 back wheel hops.

And can do 1 from a pedal slide. But il just keep on practicing and hopfully il get better and be able to do more.

Cheers for help.

• 2 years later...

Your technique is a common way of learning and im all for it but now your at this stage you need to have constant practise of rear wheel hopping and once you can do say 6-7 then it about time you attempt hopping on one spot without jumping backwards and then once you feel comfortable doing that then try taking the endo out and putting a bit of a pedal kick and hopping, once you have them steps covered your ready to progress into learning pedal kicks which takesalot of effort and concentration as you have to time your hop perfectly with your kick and release of the brake leaver but with alot of hard work and practise your ace it! ;)

• Like 1