Help The New Guy Out...

Hello everyone,

I am looking to start trials riding but really have no idea about what i should be getting for my first bike. Could someone please help me with a few of these questions?

First of all what is the difference between 20inch trials and 26inch? I asked a few folk at fort bill today and never got a same answer twice :P.

Any bike recommendations? Some guy recommended me a bike called the atomz premier which is just above my budget but is it worth stretching to it?

Why do trials bikes run a freewheel at the front instead of the rear?

If any of my questions are to vague to answer please ask me to rewrite it.

Cheers

Hello everyone,

I am looking to start trials riding but really have no idea about what i should be getting for my first bike. Could someone please help me with a few of these questions?

First of all what is the difference between 20inch trials and 26inch? I asked a few folk at fort bill today and never got a same answer twice :P.

Any bike recommendations? Some guy recommended me a bike called the atomz premier which is just above my budget but is it worth stretching to it?

Cheers

Kl, I have been looking at a few of the onza bikes. I was at there stand at fort bill today but never got a chance to have a decent chat with one of the guys

I would recomend an onza good first bike Nice and cheep and when you get better you can up grade.

Have you ever had a bike before? Did you have a go on some bikes at fort bill?

The reason for the front free wheel is realy so the weight is more centered plus it wont get as much as a wacking as on the back wheel.

Have a look on Tartybikes.

I would recomend an onza good first bike Nice and cheep and when you get better you can up grade.

Have you ever had a bike before? Did you have a go on some bikes at fort bill?

The reason for the front free wheel is realy so the weight is more centered plus it wont get as much as a wacking as on the back wheel.

Have a look on Tartybikes.

Thanks man thts helped us quite alot. Yeah I am seriously looking at the onza blade and comp atm only prob is im still not sure if i should go 20 or 26 inch. Could someone maybe help us out with tht? what should i take into account when deciding on what size bikes?

Thanks man thts helped us quite alot. Yeah I am seriously looking at the onza blade and comp atm only prob is im still not sure if i should go 20 or 26 inch. Could someone maybe help us out with tht? what should i take into account when deciding on what size bikes?

I have a pro and i love it! haha

Well have you done any other bike sport before?

I have a pro and i love it! haha

Well have you done any other bike sport before?

Haha yeah but both on a 20" and 26". I have been riding bmx for the last few year but before that i rode downhill but never really got into it. I can do some basics like track stand, pedal hop, endo and hop on the back end on my full susser and on a bmx can bunny hop about 2 foot or thereabouts. does riding skill become a factor in what size to go for?

Edited by SunshineDiver

Hello everyone,

Cheers

Ive got mine for sale here. Its an Onza Woodstock:

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....howtopic=137095

Haha yeah but both on a 20" and 26". I have been riding bmx for the last few year but before that i rode downhill but never really got into it. I can do some basics like track stand, pedal hop, endo and hop on the back end on my full susser and on a bmx can bunny hop about 2 foot or thereabouts. does riding skill become a factor in what size to go for?

Well do you feel more comfy on 20 inch or 26 inch.

Since your more into your BMX i would say go for a 20inch.

Cheers man you've been quite helpful. I seem to be leanin' more towards 20inch atm as a few folk told me they are more manouverable

Makes sense, the smaller you go the more manouverable. Simple physics ;)

Try something new, go my 26". When you get good at that, you'll be incredible on a 20". Im in no way trying to sway your choice of course :rolleyes:

hehehe

Makes sense, the smaller you go the more manouverable. Simple physics ;)

Try something new, go my 26". When you get good at that, you'll be incredible on a 20". Im in no way trying to sway your choice of course :rolleyes:

hehehe

:P

Hehe. Tis' a nice bike man although am jus gonna go for a brand new complete for my first trial bike.

:P

Hehe. Tis' a nice bike man although am jus gonna go for a brand new complete for my first trial bike.

Mine basically IS new though. Only need a couple of parts and the price is great. Wouldnt advise it if youre just learning as you'll bash up a nice new one.

Up to you though of course ;)