Tyke Trial 2 Day Fun Weekend

walker

(Y) Thankyou to everyone who made the Brimham Rocks Trial a roaring success and an extremely emotional day for many people.

It was wonderful to see Kevin and Samantha walking the sections and inspiring some of the riders. They both spoke to all the observers and were so pleased you all came along to show your respect for their son and for them. You should all be proud of yourselves.

One of the things Ben hated about trials was the number of sections. He felt 3 rounds of 7 was too much and really couldn't get on with 2 rounds of 10. His perfect trial would have been 2 rounds of 8 sections which is what we tried on Sunday. Did you like it? Are there enough sections? I found I could concentrate better and not get fed up queuing not that it helped my result much!! :lol:

Keep up the momentum of this trial by getting your entries in before the deadline for the Cockhill Mines trial which is on the 19th of July. Last year was a blast with plenty of water to keep you cool. This year we hope the stream, which runs through the back of the venue, will not be in flood as it was last year so we can put more sections in it. Please get your entries off as soon as you can because I haven't seen Barbara as relaxed before a trial for a long time! ^_^ You also allowed her to spend more time with Ben's parents which meant a lot both them and Barbara.

Thankyou again for a great weekend, it makes it all worthwhile. We look forward to seeing you all at Cockhill on the 19th. B)

where abouts is cockhill and has it got a river or something?

Cockhill Mines are near Pateley Bridge in North Yorkshire, just over the hill from Brimham Rocks.

It's an amazing venue with some great sections to be had in the stream as long as it isn't too full. Last year it rained all Saturday and it was like a torrent but we managed to set a couple of sections in it.

This link should show you where it is, there is even a photo!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=54.079282,...076218&z=14