Tyke Trial 2 Day Fun Weekend

walker

UPDATE: Saturday ride and camping cancelled

After tonights Tyketrial Committee meeting a unanimous vote of the elected members has led to a regrettable change to this event.

Only 24 pre entries have been received to date leaving the club no option other than to scrap the camping and free ride on the Saturday and instead focus the efforts of the volunteers on the Sunday trial itself.

All those who have Pre entered for both the Saturday and Sunday will be reimbursed for the camping and food and will be permitted to ride on the Sunday. The rest of you wishing to ride on Sunday MUST have your entries with the secretary of the event no later than Thursday 18th June.

NO ENTRIES ON THE DAY WILL BE ACCEPTED If you turn up without having pre entered you will be turned away. This will also be the policy for future events as there is absolutely no reason why all riders cannot send their entry off before they ride.

Please do not try to camp on the venue on Saturday night as the farmer will be in his rights to prosecute you for trespassing. Tyketrials has removed the insurance for the Saturday and have canceled the request to camp so non of it's members or any member of the public has a right to camp at the venue.

It is a sad occasion when riders lose any time to practice or ride together but due to the complete lack of commitment shown to this event no other option was open to the club. It must also be said that had it not been for the 24 riders who could be bothered to do as the club requested the Sunday trial would have been canceled as well. Thankyou to those people.

Now it's the turn of those who haven't sent off their entry forms yet. Brimham Rocks is a superb venue and with the quality of sections we have had at the previous trials this should be a great event.

REMEMBER - NO PRE ENTRY, NO RIDE, NO EXCUSES. YOU WILL BE TURNED AWAY.

Regards,

Neil Raven

Tyketrial Chairman

Edited by walker

I've got my membership, and the form will be sent off this week. :)

For other people who aren't members - can you get a day/weekend membership for this one?

Definitely a cracking event, really awesome venue!

On the form it says that it is for full members only.

Got my form sent off last week , Should be really good, the last one i went to was awesome lol i loved it , so just to be sure Saturday isn't a compday just a fun ride and sunday is the tyke trial round right?

Yep (Y)

Thanks for posting this Andrew, I've been away on holiday and just got back.

Right ... closing date is today and I have just 18 entry forms returned when over 100 were sent out ... what is it about filling in a piece of paper, putting it in an envelope, putting a stamp on and putting it in the post that you lot just don't do??????? :S

There is just too much information to put this one on-line, and I NEED all the paperwork finished in advance of the event. That includes payment and everything finished by Thursday night at the latest. It is for full members only.

I will extend the closing date to Thursday's mail delivery.

Club membership form here

Entry form here

Come on, print them both out and send them off NOW!!!!!!

Barbara

After tonights Tyketrial Committee meeting a unanimous vote of the elected members has led to a regrettable change to this event.

Only 24 pre entries have been received to date leaving the club no option other than to scrap the camping and free ride on the Saturday and instead focus the efforts of the volunteers on the Sunday trial itself.

All those who have Pre entered for both the Saturday and Sunday will be reimbursed for the camping and food and will be permitted to ride on the Sunday. The rest of you wishing to ride on Sunday MUST have your entries with the secretary of the event no later than Thursday 18th June.

NO ENTRIES ON THE DAY WILL BE ACCEPTED If you turn up without having pre entered you will be turned away. This will also be the policy for future events as there is absolutely no reason why all riders cannot send their entry off before they ride.

Please do not try to camp on the venue on Saturday night as the farmer will be in his rights to prosecute you for trespassing. Tyketrials has removed the insurance for the Saturday and have canceled the request to camp so non of it's members or any member of the public has a right to camp at the venue.

It is a sad occasion when riders lose any time to practice or ride together but due to the complete lack of commitment shown to this event no other option was open to the club. It must also be said that had it not been for the 24 riders who could be bothered to do as the club requested the Sunday trial would have been canceled as well. Thankyou to those people.

Now it's the turn of those who haven't sent off their entry forms yet. Brimham Rocks is a superb venue and with the quality of sections we have had at the previous trials this should be a great event.

REMEMBER - NO PRE ENTRY, NO RIDE, NO EXCUSES. YOU WILL BE TURNED AWAY.

Regards,

Neil Raven

Tyketrial Chairman

So get me right , where not aloud to camp over there now or is it just members who are aloud and is there a saturday fun ride still going on because the paragraph up above does not make any sense to me :S

Saturday has been cancelled.

Camping has been cancelled.

Pre-entries only for Sunday.

That is f**king bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how can you do that just days before the venue? what are the people going to do which don't use the forum are you not letting people know induvidually,seriously that is out of order!!!!!!!!!!!!

So how do we go about getting our money back???????? nice book a busy weekend off work. LET DOWN!!!!!!!

That is f**king bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how can you do that just days before the venue? what are the people going to do which don't use the forum are you not letting people know induvidually,seriously that is out of order!!!!!!!!!!!!

So how do we go about getting our money back???????? nice book a busy weekend off work. LET DOWN!!!!!!!

Considering that your entry has just arrived in this morning's post Ross I think your outburst is unreasonable. Your entry is always late! I feel that an apology to the club for your outburst is due.

The few that had bothered to pre-enter have already received a phone call. Others will get calls as their entry arrives. Everyone will receive a full refund as has already been said in Neil's post.

This event was going to cost the club around £800, not to mention a lot of work from just a few people over the last couple of months to organise it all, and now to cancel it. If people don't enter then it could not run.

It is time members started taking responsibility by at least sending in entries - the events are run for the riders, not for the organisers. If you (as in members in general) want events to run THEN ENTER THEM and not just turn up.

Considering that your entry has just arrived in this morning's post Ross I think your outburst is unreasonable. Your entry is always late! I feel that an apology to the club for your outburst is due.

The few that had bothered to pre-enter have already received a phone call. Others will get calls as their entry arrives. Everyone will receive a full refund as has already been said in Neil's post.

This event was going to cost the club around £800, not to mention a lot of work from just a few people over the last couple of months to organise it all, and now to cancel it. If people don't enter then it could not run.

It is time members started taking responsibility by at least sending in entries - the events are run for the riders, not for the organisers. If you (as in members in general) want events to run THEN ENTER THEM and not just turn up.

Glad it came (Y) , i know my entry is always late(saying that ive done 1 comp this year!) but i carnt help that if i get nothing from you to let me know when the comps are and when!!!!!! ive not had one thing off you this year i filled in my years member form at shipley glen at the beggining of the year. i dont even know my membership number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i appologise for my bad language but ive tried hard and worked hard to get this weekend off i have a=enjoy it for the past couple of years of going and to find out days before it cancelled its rather annoying.

sorry for any inconvenience i may of caused, hope to see you there on sunday if im still welcome.

Thanks Ross. x

Edited by Mclovin

i filled in my years member form at shipley glen at the beggining of the year

:lol: You've just given the perfect answer as to why it's not a good idea to do paperwork during a comp - it might get lost :lol:

Did you mention that you'd moved house? I certainly can't check every address on every entry form <_< I only found out cause Karen told me!

Of course you're welcome, see you Sunday.

:lol: You've just given the perfect answer as to why it's not a good idea to do paperwork during a comp - it might get lost :lol:

Did you mention that you'd moved house? I certainly can't check every address on every entry form <_< I only found out cause Karen told me!

Of course you're welcome, see you Sunday.

ive been living in this house for nearly a year now. and i put donw my new adress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well how else am i going to wirte it down if i dont get info through the post?

as much as I would like to go, I don't think I will :( My mum needs the car this weekend plus I am trying to save as much as possible to put towards my own car, so forking out for this comp isn't going to be possible :(

Have fun though guys!

as much as I would like to go, I don't think I will :( My mum needs the car this weekend plus I am trying to save as much as possible to put towards my own car, so forking out for this comp isn't going to be possible :(

Have fun though guys!

If you need a lift Ali i might be able to come pick you up. I met you at Fort William. I was observing at the pipe section and we were on about magura braided hosing.I live in west yorkshire and it would not be too much troble. Let me know cheers. Neil

I would just like to say a big thank you to all the people involved in making this event happen. This includes everyone from the section setters to observers and riders alike. If us as riders would have all pulled our fingers out and got the entries in on time it would have been a full weekend of quality riding time. Im not having a go at anyone as my own entry was late its just that it would have been a awesome weekend. Also a big thanks to Ben Carlile's parents for their support today. It must have took a lot of courage from them. My green ribbon will stay on. R.I.P Ben

Well guys another Brimmham rocks event what can I say....

Although I am at the other side of the world I was with Ben's parents all the way through the day it must have been very tough for them to turn up at Ben's fave riding spot without him.

I only wish I had been there to give em a hug in person.

It is a real shame that the event wasn't as planned by that i mean 2 days of fun and laughter and setting fire to things!!!!!!! Come on members give the dog a bone and help the team at tykes to help you have the best club in the UK bar none, it is a bloody thankless task and hard work, but when you see all of you lot tip up it is well worth it.

It takes a lot of energy from these people and they all have lives as well. They have kids, jobs, grand kids, homes, wives and husbands to take into account when most of you have just got to get a bloody form off in the post bum a lift and away you go!!!!!!

Any way I would like to just pass on my deepest sympathy again for the amazing Carlisle family thank you for finding the courage to turn up and I am truly sorry i wasn't there to see you both but all our thoughts are with you and little Ben.

John Tara Robbie and of course Boo xx

I will be needing a couple of green ribbons as well barbara drop me an email and I will give you my address.

Edited by robster

(Y) Thankyou to everyone who made the Brimham Rocks Trial a roaring success and an extremely emotional day for many people.

It was wonderful to see Kevin and Samantha walking the sections and inspiring some of the riders. They both spoke to all the observers and were so pleased you all came along to show your respect for their son and for them. You should all be proud of yourselves.

One of the things Ben hated about trials was the number of sections. He felt 3 rounds of 7 was too much and really couldn't get on with 2 rounds of 10. His perfect trial would have been 2 rounds of 8 sections which is what we tried on Sunday. Did you like it? Are there enough sections? I found I could concentrate better and not get fed up queuing not that it helped my result much!! :lol:

Keep up the momentum of this trial by getting your entries in before the deadline for the Cockhill Mines trial which is on the 19th of July. Last year was a blast with plenty of water to keep you cool. This year we hope the stream, which runs through the back of the venue, will not be in flood as it was last year so we can put more sections in it. Please get your entries off as soon as you can because I haven't seen Barbara as relaxed before a trial for a long time! ^_^ You also allowed her to spend more time with Ben's parents which meant a lot both them and Barbara.

Thankyou again for a great weekend, it makes it all worthwhile. We look forward to seeing you all at Cockhill on the 19th. B)