Ciguena Update

Adam-Griffin

Well i sold the frame and bought it back after going stock and not getting on with it hence completely new spec.

Spec is:

Ciguena frame (990m, +50mm, 362cs)

Echo lite forks

Monty Bar and stem

Front Hope mono trial 185

Dmr Zip grips

Front echo hub on Onza rim

Creepy crawler front tyre/Monty rear

Zoo! Cranks

Acs freewheel :P

Generic Echo/GU/Zoo bash ring

Wellgo pedals

Monty rear wheel.

Rear 205 Bb7 replica (Which is shite.)

Comments welcome, good and bad i suppose :P

post-13655-1244736545_thumb.jpg

post-13655-1244736554_thumb.jpg

post-13655-1244736563_thumb.jpg

post-13655-1244736573_thumb.jpg

post-13655-1244736594_thumb.jpg

post-13655-1244736607_thumb.jpg

post-13655-1244736616_thumb.jpg

Apologies for the quality of the pics, my cameras not working so had to take them on my phone :(

Thanks guys :) Freewheels working surprisingly well actually, apart from the fact that one of the tabs is rubbing on the BB cup :(

I am debating on whether or not to keep the frame and get a rear hope or not though :P Need a new headset/forks, not sure which of the two but one of thems making an awful noise whenever i turn the bars :(

New stems in order aswell i think, Monty one just makes the bike feel even smaller and more cramped than it already is.

Whats a decent weight for a Mod bike ? Never really thought about weight but might weigh it tomorrow :shifty:

Thanks for the comments ^_^

Anything below 9kg is alright, my Echo was about 8.4kg when you rode it if that helps. :P

Yeah.. But thats with like full titanium bolts and nobbles cut off tyres, monty/try all everything lol :P .

I'd say between 9-11 is the best weight, unless your a pussssssy hah.

Yeah.. But thats with like full titanium bolts and nobbles cut off tyres, monty/try all everything lol :P .

I'd say between 9-11 is the best weight, unless your a pussssssy hah.

It didn't have any TI bolts actually, fag. :P

And it only had a Try-All front tyre, but the wheels, cranks and bar stem were monty, none of which are actually the lightest bits you can get.

It was double disc anyway, so not really very light at all, if you want a really light bike it's not hard to go below 8kg now.

Cutting knobbles works well, drilling holes isn't worth it if you ask me. I saved 18g drilling my front Monty rim, it had 168 4mm holes and took me about 2 hours.

Edited by Muel

It didn't have any TI bolts actually, fag. :P

And it only had a Try-All front tyre, but the wheels, cranks and bar stem were monty, none of which are actually the lightest bits you can get.

It was double disc anyway, so not really very light at all, if you want a really light bike it's not hard to go below 8kg now.

Cutting knobbles works well, drilling holes isn't worth it if you ask me. I saved 18g drilling my front Monty rim, it had 168 4mm holes and took me about 2 hours.

18g for 2 hours work lmao, id rather just not run grips or something.