My Beautiful Inspired Fourplay

TokyoTrials

how much do you want for it ???

It's very complicated. You see my bike is in Japan at my girlfriend's apartment, but I'm here in the Uk. The reason being I went to Korea to renew my visa but got refused entry back into Japan as I had stayed for too long as a tourist this year (180 days max). Now I have to wait 5 months until I can return again:( I had to leave my bike and most of my belongings behind!

I'd be looking around £650 for it as it has a top spec such a chris king headset, middleburn rs7 isis with custom polished guard, skf 600 bottom bracket, thomson stem etc. Posting the thing to the UK would cost a fortune though. Tax has to be paid on items over £35 now even though I bought the thing in the UK in the first place.

I recently posted a Rohloff chain device that I sold on ebay to the UK from Japan, and he ended up paying £30 on an item worth £55! Ridiculous. Imagine what this would be:(

I've put it on here to show off. haha, and if I'm lucky someone might be visiting Japan soon and be able to buy and take it home with them as no Japanese person seems to want to buy it even though I have advertised it over there. They've never heard of Inspired.

It's very complicated. You see my bike is in Japan at my girlfriend's apartment, but I'm here in the Uk. The reason being I went to Korea to renew my visa but got refused entry back into Japan as I had stayed for too long as a tourist this year (180 days max). Now I have to wait 5 months until I can return again:( I had to leave my bike and most of my belongings behind!

I'd be looking around £650 for it as it has a top spec such a chris king headset, middleburn rs7 isis with custom polished guard, skf 600 bottom bracket, thomson stem etc. Posting the thing to the UK would cost a fortune though. Tax has to be paid on items over £35 now even though I bought the thing in the UK in the first place.

I recently posted a Rohloff chain device that I sold on ebay to the UK from Japan, and he ended up paying £30 on an item worth £55! Ridiculous. Imagine what this would be:(

I've put it on here to show off. haha, and if I'm lucky someone might be visiting Japan soon and be able to buy and take it home with them as no Japanese person seems to want to buy it even though I have advertised it over there. They've never heard of Inspired.

Jump on msn. Will explain why when youre on there

Im in Aus, so considerably closer to Japan than UK.

Im just checking if I have a mate in Japan atm. What is the bikes current location?

Hey man. I've added you on MSN. Hope we can chat soon.

Looks really good in black (Y)

EDIT: whats the gear ratio ?

It's 13 tooth at the back, 20 at the front.

sweet!

I am interested. Could you PM me and tell me about the shipping costs?

Cheers

Just a quick question....Did you read this entire thread?

Read the section he said here, quote:

"Posting the thing to the UK would cost a fortune though. Tax has to be paid on items over £35 now even though I bought the thing in the UK in the first place.

I recently posted a Rohloff chain device that I sold on ebay to the UK from Japan, and he ended up paying £30 on an item worth £55! Ridiculous. Imagine what this would be:( "

I dont think this bike would suit a UK buyer in its current location unfortunately...

Considering it will cost me 172pounds to send a bike to me here in Aus, from the UK....just in sending, not mentioning any import duties/charges etc, it will cost you more in the UK than that to get it from Japan.

I did. I would just like to know the amount of money we are talking about. A "fortune" could be anything.

But I didn't know that you were already talking business when I wrote my comment. Sorry. I didn't want to interfere.

Thats ok mate. Was just letting you know that it will be the cost of postage, plus taxes, import duties, air-in-the-box charges, staples, stickers, labels, you know, anything they can throw a charge on when it comes into the UK they always will.

You will need to pay the taxes/charges on the cost of the bike plus the postage. I had to do this when I imported a bike from the US. That was the biggest importing mistake ive ever made.

Cost me a fortune and I was not told about the import charges. I had to pay another 460pounds just to PICK the bike up! On top of the bike itself and on top of the postage cost.

We tried getting out of it in every way possible but they wouldnt have a bar of it. Bikes dont fly under the postal radar in the UK. Small items do, not ones like bikes though. Theyre simply too large.

I hopefully have a mate in Japan atm who is near the bike and may be able to help me out with either bringing it back or helping send it to me in Aus.

Im waiting to hear back from him and find out some costs and then need to see if its in my budget or if theres any large, hidden costs. It should theoretically be cheaper to send to Aus....however, everything works "in theory" ;)

Tis a lovely lookin 'spired. Got an awesome front brake on it. i have a pair on my saracen and there awesome bags of power enough modulation and a nice solid lever feel. what does it ride like as im still tempted to get one.

Brother! Hows things? Yeah, I was telling Rich about that brake as I thought it was one Id been told about. Couldnt remember who told me though :P

Rich and I are getting close to sorting this deal out. My mate lives really close to Rich's gf in Japan and he's going to help me out with disassembling and boxing the bike up for me. Thats a real blessing!

We just need to get a 100% sorting of the postage price, method etc and we can go from there.

Love the new avatar mate lol. Bender always cracks me up. He makes the show :)

• 2 weeks later...