Side Hope Technique

Caswell_35

When i side hop normally or to back wheel, i do it to my left, however i am left footed so my pedal is right next to the wall, this seems on on walls around bar height but will it get in the way on higher walls? should i start practising form the other side or wont it make any difference? sorry if its a stupid question but i have been thinking about it.

Thanks

I started off just like you but my freinds told me to go the right way with your front foot to the right with the bike to the right of the wall,

i took ther advice and was soon getting the hang of things but you should practice on smaller things first

Thanks Cotty(Y)

Edited by Cotty08

You got it right in your 1st post. It's cause your leading foot is too close to the wall when you go towards it.

ok thanks, that means most things i do will have to be the other way around!! never mind better start practising!!

thanks for your comments

When i side hop normally or to back wheel, i do it to my left, however i am left footed so my pedal is right next to the wall, this seems on on walls around bar height but will it get in the way on higher walls? should i start practising form the other side or wont it make any difference? sorry if its a stupid question but i have been thinking about it.

Thanks

i do the same thing as you man, i need to do it on the other side but i have been doing it for a while and i find it hard to swap. it feels like i have never done a side hop over a foot on my right side. the clearance difference is huge and swapping sides is sure to make it allot easier.

i do the same thing as you man, i need to do it on the other side but i have been doing it for a while and i find it hard to swap. it feels like i have never done a side hop over a foot on my right side. the clearance difference is huge and swapping sides is sure to make it allot easier.

yeh in theory it will be much better, however its turning to my opposite direction and feels like i am starting again! o well will report back in a few weeks!