New To Trials And Need Info

benbarden

hello all i have never done trials riding be for and don't no much about it apart from it looks like fun and i want in so all the help you can give would be cool hear are the dum nob questions

20 24 26 wheels what is the difference are they meant for diff ant types of riding or is one easier than the over?

how much would you look to spend on a 1ST bike?

gears or single speed

so much any over help you can think off would be brill

i live in Exeter a small city so i think street would be the best

thanks all sorry about spelling I'm dyslexic

lol I'm more confused now than when i started so 24" cost more cos there are newer to the market

20" is like riding a bmx which i never did like

26" more like a mtb which is what i ride at the mo so that would be best

Mab i will just buy it and hope i think if i can get a bike for about 2-300 it would not be to much of a loss if i did not like it

OK so what about gears??

lol I'm more confused now than when i started so 24" cost more cos there are newer to the market

20" is like riding a bmx which i never did like

26" more like a mtb which is what i ride at the mo so that would be best

Mab i will just buy it and hope i think if i can get a bike for about 2-300 it would not be to much of a loss if i did not like it

OK so what about gears??

20" isn't anything like riding a BMX and 26 isn't really anything like a mountain bike either. They feel completely different to ride.

The best thing to do would be to have a go on other peoples bikes and see what you prefer.

Trials bike mostly don't have gears. The standard gearing for a 26" is 18 teeth at the front and 15 at the back. For a 20" its 18-12.

Edited by duncan_echo26

Hey, not sure if you know this but theres a bike shop in exeter that stocks a few trials bikes. Im sure they would be happy to let you test ride a few, see which wheel size you feel comfy with (Y)

Im not sure what its called but i know its along the canal. :)