Adams New Monty 207

Robin M S/c

I've just finished building Adams new Monty 207 for 2010.

Includes lots of drilled holes

Echo Sl Headset

Neon bashplate

Carbon Fibre bars

Wellgo Magnesium pedals

It's approx 7.1 kg compared to his standard practice bike of 8.5kg.

Just need a few sensible ideas to get it below the 7kg mark.

post-17342-1261152806_thumb.jpg

post-17342-1261152829_thumb.jpg

post-17342-1261152843_thumb.jpg

post-17342-1261152872_thumb.jpg

post-17342-1261152889_thumb.jpg

post-17342-1261152911_thumb.jpg

post-17342-1261152929_thumb.jpg

post-17342-1261152943_thumb.jpg

Cheers Ryan.

It's got a neon carbon BB already but may have to look at the pedals.

He's not up to UCI std yet so he does give them a bash regularly so they would need to be strong.

Woah! Thats light!

But those cranks, look dangerous :blink:

Save a bit of weight on the magura, you can sand the two sides off, where the piston is. Also stops it cracking there, which they seem to do quite easily.

Havent explained that very well, will try and find a picture.

I've done the underside of the maguras where they crack.

Cranks should be fine. He's only 7 years old so isn't heavy enough to cause damage. Will have to keep an eye on them though as he starts to do bigger things!

Woah! Thats light!

But those cranks, look dangerous :blink:

Save a bit of weight on the magura, you can sand the two sides off, where the piston is. Also stops it cracking there, which they seem to do quite easily.

Havent explained that very well, will try and find a picture.

That bikes only for comp riding so not that much riding is going to be done on the cranks.

Hey Robin, not seen you in ages! Hope you two are ok.

Bike looks brilliant, if you're looking to save a bit mroe weight though, I'd lose the bashplate and get a ring instead, and maybe you could save weight on the BB, with Adam you could probably get away with a Crank Brothers Cyan TI. Linky.

I'd also look into tyres, I don't know what those ones are, but I'd take them off and weigh them, and see how much could be saved changing them for Try-All Stickys, then you can cut every other side knobbles of the sitckys, I saved 35g when I did my front one.

hi robin

what about titanium bolts , spokes if you hav'nt done so already , thin parcel tape instead of rim tape , maybe make the hole's on the rims a bit bigger , i think there was some mag forks on the market .

james s.

Cheers James.

All bolts except the crank ones are aluminium.

Thinking about double butted spokes, not sure about titanium ones, think that's a little excessive for him.

Agree with holes in rimes, will give that a go.

Forks now weigh 690 so they aren't too bad. Most light forks are disc bit didn't want to go that way as disc set up weighs more than mags.

Hey Robin, not seen you in ages! Hope you two are ok.

Bike looks brilliant, if you're looking to save a bit mroe weight though, I'd lose the bashplate and get a ring instead, and maybe you could save weight on the BB, with Adam you could probably get away with a Crank Brothers Cyan TI. Linky.

I'd also look into tyres, I don't know what those ones are, but I'd take them off and weigh them, and see how much could be saved changing them for Try-All Stickys, then you can cut every other side knobbles of the sitckys, I saved 35g when I did my front one.

Yeah, looking at changing front tyre. It's a steel bead & they do a kevlar one which will save 100g.

That will put it at 7kg on the nail.

Not sure about changing his Monty eagle claw for a try-all sticky as most people say the Monty is better & I don't want to compromise grip. Would save another 40g though.

I'd say the 19" eagle claw is better than the 19" try-all, but the 20" try all is better than the 20" eagle claw myself!

Those 20" try-alls definately aren't lacking in grip dude! They just wear out a bit quick, but I always used to get a year out of them.

Cheers Ryan.

It's got a neon carbon BB already but may have to look at the pedals.

He's not up to UCI std yet so he does give them a bash regularly so they would need to be strong.

I've done the underside of the maguras where they crack.

Cranks should be fine. He's only 7 years old so isn't heavy enough to cause damage. Will have to keep an eye on them though as he starts to do bigger things!

Oooooo, thats tempting fate, my 8yr old blew up a tensile freewheel...........

Yeah, looking at changing front tyre. It's a steel bead & they do a kevlar one which will save 100g.

That will put it at 7kg on the nail.

Not sure about changing his Monty eagle claw for a try-all sticky as most people say the Monty is better & I don't want to compromise grip. Would save another 40g though.

Try all front tyre and in my opinion the rear, are amazingly grippy especially when going bald (Lighter as well then) however they a too much cash.