Phase 1.3 Bars And Geometry Question

l33th3tr33

Hey guys and girls,

I was just wondering if anyone knows from previous experience if the standard bars on a Phase 1.3 are risers or flat?

Also if they are risers then is there anyone who could recommend a good set of flat bars?

And could someone please be kind enough to explain what geometry specs mean? I have used the search and couldn't find anything on there.

Cheers guys and hope you all have a good crimbo! :)

Awesome, cheers bud.

I see it says you don't ride or don't have a bike, Did you ride mod or stock?

If you check my profile carefully you will also notice I'm only here to pick up boys (Y)

Used to ride a Pashley 26Mhz -

kdx5xg.jpg

Then I had a short stint on a mod, now I ride street and XC very rarely on a Flow Ting.

Edited by Pashley26

And could someone please be kind enough to explain what geometry specs mean? I have used the search and couldn't find anything on there.

Cheers guys and hope you all have a good crimbo! :)

not 100% trials related but a good read to get an idea of a bicycles geometry (Y)

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/bike-frame-geometry-2009.html

for trials use, a higher bottom bracket will make the bike more comfortable on the rear wheel, and less stable for two wheel moves. and vice versa

If you check my profile carefully you will also notice I'm only here to pick up boys (Y)

Used to ride a Pashley 26Mhz -

kdx5xg.jpg

Then I had a short stint on a mod, now I ride street and XC very rarely on a Flow Ting.

Haha that made me chuckle! and thats a nice pashley, my mate used to have one but not as nice as that.

So why did you stop doing trials? Was it just down to lack of interest or just fancied a change?

not 100% trials related but a good read to get an idea of a bicycles geometry (Y)

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/bike-frame-geometry-2009.html

for trials use, a higher bottom bracket will make the bike more comfortable on the rear wheel, and less stable for two wheel moves. and vice versa

Ahhh that's good to know! Thanks a lot for the help.

Haha that made me chuckle! and thats a nice pashley, my mate used to have one but not as nice as that.

So why did you stop doing trials? Was it just down to lack of interest or just fancied a change?

I never really did trials, I've always ridden street and just thought I'd give it a go. I found it a little boring so I carried on with street, but I stayed on here just to troll and for the car thread in chit chat.

:P