Anyone Used These On A Smooth Rim?

willdudeXD

im thinking about getting some of these pads, there so cheap!! but theres only one pad review, and its saying they suck, but he had it on a grind wich i dont think they are meant for, and i ride a smooth rim with tar

sorry its not in pad reviews but there so many there its just confusing lol

the pads

just stick with a name you know or anything on tarty pads arnt the most expensive thing you can put on your bike ill be honest i has rockman pads and they are CLASS (with a grind) but i managed to get TNN pads and i wouldnt go for anything else now

Erm, there's about 5 different pads there?

And stop saying lol in every single post when there's nothing funny, and stop making a new topic for every little thing, none of the pads there are expensive so just buy them a find out!

/rant

Yeah i meant has anyone used either of the 5 there..

sorry about saying lol all the time, its a really old habit.

And i made a new topic because usually i get faster replies, its easer to see if someone has replied and easier to follow

^ look i didnt say Lol! xD

i might buy some and if they suck just give them away and get some koxx bloxx later

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4Pairs-8Pads-Magura-...=item2ea9c291f2

My Friends has these and he uses them on a smooth rim with a bit of tar. They are really cheap and are surprisinly good for the price you pay. But i would suggest V!Z HS33 pads (the £15.66 ones), because they hold like no other pad i've ever used.

i think im gunna go for the greens, im gunna buy buy 4 pairs so if they wear down quick then i have lots of spares and if they suck ill sell them on and buy some koxx bloxx

as long as they are better than magura stock pads im happy :)

Koxx Bloxx are basically Try-All Croco browns. They only work well on a grind. If you want to use Croco's use the red ones they are much better on a smooth rim than the browns. But you will have to use some tar.

Koxx Bloxx are basically Try-All Croco browns. They only work well on a grind. If you want to use Croco's use the red ones they are much better on a smooth rim than the browns. But you will have to use some tar.

Lol yeah iv already got some tar on

but i have a v brake now, my maguras still in the box, i cant put it on yet cuz my bike is in the shop getting single speed kit put on

Lol yeah iv already got some tar on

but i have a v brake now, my maguras still in the box, i cant put it on yet cuz my bike is in the shop getting single speed kit put on

You said it!

No, get some serious pads, like heatsink yellows! They work incredibly good on smooth. Or get some Coust! pads...

It's up to you really.

You said it!

No, get some serious pads, like heatsink yellows! They work incredibly good on smooth. Or get some Coust! pads...

It's up to you really.

aaah crap :/ haha

they cant be posted till tuesday anyway , so i got some time to make up my mind

atm it looks like ill be going for the v!z on tarty, quit cheep and apparently good

Hey my mate uses rock green pads from tarty bikes and they seem emence and of course their designed for a unground rim and their reasonably cheep at £15.66 but if you do choose to go for a grind then get tnn like me and every one else (the grind that is) yes their £28 but worth their weight in gold :)

Edited by alex-trials-boy