Booster For Ashton

Pagie

Right, im just looking around the market to find a booster for my ashton... Not sure what to go for as i have a few issues

Anybody know of one that sits comfortably without catching the tyre or the seat?

Cheers

Chris

Good question Pagie what width is the new Justice anyway? Anyone got an idea what four bolt or two bolt type will fit a justice MK1 (85mm) and MK2 (95mm) as the seat bit just get the way, I can't believe I've managed so long without one

Edited by japslap

Its the Mk2? the one they did in red and black?

Its gonna be magura, but between 2-4 bolt, im not overly fussed, just want some more support in there

Cheers

I've considered taking the seat of my MK1 to fit one on, I haven't built my MK2 up yet it's still brand new in the box, wouldn't mind knowing either for when I do, someone on here must know from experience! Failing that I might give tarty a phone and see what the width of the new one is and see which one will fit it

Edited by japslap

Its the Mk2? the one they did in red and black?

Its gonna be magura, but between 2-4 bolt, im not overly fussed, just want some more support in there

Cheers

Red and black ones are Mk3s I believe. I would go 4-bolt as they aren't very stiff. On mine at the moment, I'm running a tensile booster which is super stiff and It only just fits on with out cutting out abit of the seat. I made my seat mounts myself though as previous owner cut them off, so my seat may possibly be a few millimetres further forwards or backwards them from standard. So I can't be 100% sure that a tensile booster will fit yours.

EDIT: The booster I ran before that was an older version Echo urban booster which fitted beautifuly. If that's any help.

Edited by Mikee

Hardtimes. Can you force it in by bending the sides of the seat out abit?

I'm not sure the bolts are resting a good 5mm off there holes, Whats the length of the space between the end of your seat (where the hose goes through) to the hose mounts on your frame? I've got 30mm there, just wondering if your seat is forward by much?

I'm not sure the bolts are resting a good 5mm off there holes, Whats the length of the space between the end of your seat (where the hose goes through) to the hose mounts on your frame? I've got 30mm there, just wondering if your seat is forward by much?

I have 30mm too. I also just remembered that my seat origionally came from the mod version of the justice. And the seats are slightly different in shape and mabye size.

Just noticed you had a link to a pic of yours, very nice, I can't seem to notice much difference, I've up loaded a picture to see if you can spot the difference! Its difficult to compare because there at different angles, at first I thought that the back bottom corner of your had a bit taken out of it, now I'm not to sure-time for a coffee I think

post-24846-1262984958_thumb.jpg

Cheers for the help guys, It has been officially forced on, I removed the seat then fitted the brake/mounts and booster then put the seat back on it again it does move the sides out a good bit but don't mind its a white seat, don't think I could do the same on on my MK1 as it is the silver with a red seat and when the red plastic gets weak it turns pink :( any idea if Tarty will be able to supply a spare seat considering there stocking the new Ashton?

Just noticed you had a link to a pic of yours, very nice, I can't seem to notice much difference, I've up loaded a picture to see if you can spot the difference! Its difficult to compare because there at different angles, at first I thought that the back bottom corner of your had a bit taken out of it, now I'm not to sure-time for a coffee I think

Yeh the sides of the seat is different on mine but not sure about other areas of it.

Good to hear you have got the booster on though :)

any idea if Tarty will be able to supply a spare seat considering there stocking the new Ashton?

I asked them earlier today about getting a replacement seat as mine is a red one with flaking white paint on it and they said no :(

EDIT: Is that frame brand new? It looks mint!

Edited by Mikee

That's not to good about the seat bit......I mean you'd have thought they could maybe have asked the diamond back sales rep <_<

Yea the frame is in mint condition just took it out of the box to take that pic, a mixture of things stopping me building it over the years, I still use my MK1, I've a few others kicking about and a few other projects I'm working on, can't have them all built at once as I have to pay extra house insurance for every bike which is worth more than £250! So I figured if they're not built then they're not complete bikes if they get stolen I just claim for the parts :D I've managed to get most of the parts put to one side for it, most are new, but some like the Chris king and Fatty R's are used but in perfect condition anyway, the fatty R's just need a fresh coat of paint and lacquer to sort them out, was thinking black but having seen yours I'm thinking white now